• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Code Wizard TTimo joins Frozen Sand Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Vortex Icon

• Account: vortex
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

Welcome! I hadn't heard of you until I looked you up, but then again I know little about game design let alone its history. :) After doing some research I can see that you are more than qualified to be on the dev roster! This is indeed exciting news for the Urban Terror community. Just out of curiosity, are you a long-time UrT player? Can you tell us the story of how you came to join? What are your views on Urban Terror compared to other FPS games?

This post has been edited by Vortex: 08 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

#32 User is offline   unifiedtone Icon

•   former FS member   
    Composer & Audio Engineer
  • Account: unifiedtone

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Welcome TTimo!

#33 User is offline   e-junkie Icon

• Account: ejunkie

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

sweet :D
i just love to see this community grow <3

#34 User is offline   TTimo Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: ttimo

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I feel I owe a bit of explanation of where I'm coming from with UrT and what my responsibilities are:

I first played UrT in the 3.x days (was it 3.6?) .. so long ago. Then I picked it up again at the 4.0 release. I joined clan [PIT] for a while, played in a few STA seasons back then. I also played with pnk more recently, but never got on the roster.

I see a lot of suggestions that I'm going to jump right away into gamecode and netcode. Unfortunately I feel making a difference in that area would require a much larger time investment that I can afford right now. Instead I am focusing on OSX/Linux compatibility and on the content production pipeline (GtkRadiant and related tools). Once those are out of the way, we'll see :)

TTimo

PS: Since that was asked, my primary distro is a GNU/Linux Debian x64

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

View Postattackxie, on 08 July 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

about time someone that actually knows what they are doing was allowed in gl bro you will need it here hoping he will fix the netcode/broken cvar settings

Don't worry man! the devs have removed all signs of the netcode and upgraded it to this new technology everyone is talking about I believe they called it "dialupcode" hits should be much better with this new code just make sure you aim at the enemies shoes for a headshot!

..just kidding! :laugh:
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#37 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostNitro, on 08 July 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Don't worry man! the devs have removed all signs of the netcode and upgraded it to this new technology everyone is talking about I believe they called it "dialupcode" hits should be much better with this new code just make sure you aim at the enemies shoes for a headshot!

..just kidding! :laugh:

Ah, you had me there for a moment. This "dialupcode" Does sound 20% cooler tho.

#38 User is offline   Rylius Icon

• Account: rylius
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostFredrik, on 08 July 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

20% cooler

I see what you did there

/)

#39 User is offline   spaz Icon

• Account: spaz
  • Main tag: |WC|

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Woot! Welcome :)

And in one fell swoop FS has regained the hopes and dreams of the linux crowd.... Well played! *slow clap*

In all seriousness this is the best news I've heard in awhile.

#40 User is offline   attackxie Icon

• Account: attackxie

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 08 July 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

1) Please explain what is broke with the net code and why it needs to be fixed?
2) It can be assumed that we don't know what we are doing as that is the nature of any project the size of Urban Terror but that has nothing to do with skill, abilities as well as determination of getting the job done.
3) The only requirement to let someone come “in” is the ability to work well with others to make their work look better along with the determination of actually doing something of worth besides just talking about the problems.

I have only explained it in 3 different threads there is written documentation on the suggestions I posted
not sure what you are talking about hell there is even code patches made by the community that go completely ignored

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942