• You cannot reply to this topic

Client Doesn't Work! Rate Topic: -----

Needs to be Re-Compiled

#11 User is offline   Dougy Icon

• Account: dougy

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostNoSleep, on 11 August 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Me, too.

Out of interest, what OS are you using? I'm still on Tiger, here; primarily for work, but also UrT 4.1 runs that little bit faster for me, compared to Leopard.

I'm on 10.5.8 Leopard, take it you're running 10.4.11 ?
I use my mac primarily for Mapping, Modelling, Sound work (Producing), texture artist and main art work.

-Dougy

#12 User is offline   OlympicSmoker Icon

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostDougy, on 11 August 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

I tried strata's code and let him teamview my mac, i got it compiled and auth works but i get a green tinted screen and i also get green writing on filenames on my desktop and green writing on irc, it essentially tints everything green so i can't read jack all, although when i screenshot it, it all looks normal and i'm sat here scratching my head thinking "WTF is this wizardry =.=", i'm all down for being a test subject for powerpc builds if anyone out there wants to compile some and throw them my way :)

-Dougy

Glad to see some tryouts at least .. I will be glad to test too.. imm on 10.5.8 too.. I dont have xcode installed right now.. what version did you use for compiling?.. ooh and for that "green stuff everywhere" .. keep in mind that osx is FreeBSD based .. so it might be related to the switch between BSD and OSX gui.. i'm no programmer so i have no clue what lib could be causing this

#13 User is offline   Dougy Icon

• Account: dougy

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostOlympicSmoker, on 12 August 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Glad to see some tryouts at least .. I will be glad to test too.. imm on 10.5.8 too.. I dont have xcode installed right now.. what version did you use for compiling?.. ooh and for that "green stuff everywhere" .. keep in mind that osx is FreeBSD based .. so it might be related to the switch between BSD and OSX gui.. i'm no programmer so i have no clue what lib could be causing this

I have pretty much every xcode and 4 SDK's,

MacOSX10.2.8.sdk
MacOSX10.3.9.sdk
MacOSX10.4u.sdk
MacOSX10.5.sdk

I don't know how many i'm missing but if i am missing some and someone notifies me of the ones i haven't got then i'll gladly go and download them.

-Dougy

#14 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

• Account: nosleep
  • Main tag: [QH]

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

So, 4.2 is now the official (albeit, still beta) version of UrT and the updater is still not working for PPC Macs. And no word about addressing this issue? Given that the game must still be built on the q3 game engine, that definitely works on PPCs, then excluding PPC users via the installation process seems particularly mean-spirited at this juncture in the history of UrT. After all, UrT, we know, will probably not work for PPC once it moves the UrT HD, so this move to 4.2 just seems like an extra, and unnecessary, "screw you" to all of us still able to play the game on 4.1. The old saying "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.

This post has been edited by NoSleep: 04 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942