Urban Terror Forums: General question: how are user specific (writable) files handled? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General question: how are user specific (writable) files handled? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

The reason is, I created a folder E:\Games\UrbanTerro42, put the updater from the ZIP into it, ran it, done.

I started the game, configured everything for me and as usual I see the files q3ut4/q3config.cfg , etc.; and I also saw q3ut4/authkey and so on.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and I don't have Administrator privileges and UAC is enabled (i.e. whenever a system setting gets changed, system asks me for confirmation).

However in http://www.urbanterr...post__p__331655 , it is suggested that such files reside within ...\AppData\Roaming\Quake3\ .

How does the system choose where to put those files? Is it all in E:\Games\UrbanTerro42 on my system because this drive and all directories are completely writable to (in contrast to C:\Program Files\ and alike)?

thanks

#2 User is offline   Mission85 Icon

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

cvars, i have a shortcut on my desktop that sets fs_homepath and fs_basepath to the install directory as i dont need to use AppData folder.

D:\Games\UrbanTerror42\Quake3-UrT.exe +set fs_home "D:\Games\UrbanTerror42" +set fs_basepath "D:\Games\UrbanTerror42"
of course you would change the drive letter to yours. (note: this is in the target field of the shortcut properties)

EDIT: removed code tags as it made the text white which blends in the with the code displays background

This post has been edited by Mission85: 06 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

#3 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Ok, but did it in your case fell back to AppData automatically in some way? Because I could not see it on my system doing that and I try to understand why it does for others ...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942