Urban Terror Forums: A plethora of problems - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A plethora of problems Rate Topic: -----

Invalid game folder, shared config folder, etc.

#11 User is offline   Qant Icon

• Account: qant

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

View Postheadon2heartache, on 06 August 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

4. I couldn't figure out how to enter my auth code except by windowing and resizing to 640x480 and putting that alongside a browser window displaying my auth key so I could plug it in, one painful character at a time. Did I get it right? How do I check?

That's right, having no paste handler for the key input field is quite the fail tbh. Also, the appropriate command to set the code via console (auth-set) doesnt show up in console auto completion.

This post has been edited by Qant: 07 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

#12 User is offline   headon2heartache Icon

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

I ran the updater "UrTUpdater.x86" and it re-downloaded the commune map and (I think) downloaded "new" (?) versions of all the binaries. Tried running it after that. "Invalid game folder" on all servers.

Update: I don't know how I missed it before, but zUrT42_0001.pk3 and zUrT42_0009.pk3 were both reported as "impure" on console log when attempting to connect to servers. So I moved those two suspect pk3s out of the way and ran the updater again. It downloaded them (again)...and now I can connect to 4.2 servers.

I was going to mention some other things, but I think I'm done with this for now.

This post has been edited by headon2heartache: 07 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

#13 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

But if you just ran the updater from its own folder, on windows at least, you should have two seperate game installs?

That worked fine for me.
BorderFox

#14 User is offline   headon2heartache Icon

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostBorderFox, on 07 August 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

But if you just ran the updater from its own folder, on windows at least, you should have two seperate game installs?

Different deal on Linux - all ends up in the same folder. Whatever file verification is being used by the installer apparently thought the first and last pk3s (1 and 9) were fine on original download and further runs of it (without intervention) did not reveal the problem. I can't even say they were "corrupt" - I was able to play all the usual maps offline.

But like I said, I'm done for now. This isn't even worthy of being called a beta release and it was hardly worth my time.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942