Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mountain Lion Crash Rate Topic: -----

Crashes on 10.8

#1 User is offline   sanholo Icon

• Account: sanholo

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

4.2 crashes on me right after launch, is this a known issue? I replaced libSDL with a self-compiled version (1.2.15) and I get to the menu, but then it crashes upon selecting anything there.

#2 User is offline   schnork Icon

• Account: schnork
  • Main tag: [exp]

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Do you use your old ~/Library/Application Support/Quake3/q3ut4 directory? If so make sure it's not too big… I had the same issue and had to remove all maps (maybe less, I didn't try) to make it work.

#3 User is offline   banksy Icon

• Account: banksy
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

I just bought Mountain Lion and I'm downloading it at the moment, I will tell you if mine works when I update, but what schnork said should be the resolution to the issue.

#4 User is offline   sanholo Icon

• Account: sanholo

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

View Postschnork, on 07 August 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Do you use your old ~/Library/Application Support/Quake3/q3ut4 directory? If so make sure it's not too big… I had the same issue and had to remove all maps (maybe less, I didn't try) to make it work.

That worked! I had to do this with 4.1 as well, all the jumpmaps at one point prevented the game from launching. Looks like 4.2 tolerates even less maps? Why is this???

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942