Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mountain Lion and MBPr Rate Topic: -----

No Dice...

#1 User is offline   captaincatfish Icon

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hi all,
I've played q3ut on and off probably since it came out and was excited to try the latest version on my fancy new mac but when I launch it, all of the graphics are quite messed up. When first launched, before I do anything, I see the following.

btw.
My mac is running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on a Macbook Pro Retina. I have never had any versions of quake 3 or urban terror installed on this mac, so it's a clean install of the standalone Q3UT.

Posted Image

Then if I press escape it goes to this,

Posted Image

I can even open the console too, but it doesn't help much... I haven't tried loading any maps from the console as I don't know any of the names for them. When you type in console you can't see the characters either.

Posted Image

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Dougy Icon

• Account: dougy

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Invalid .pk3's do a md5 check and make sure they match up, i believe zUrT42_0001.pk3 might be invalid so check all the stuff to make sure...

This post has been edited by Dougy: 08 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

#3 User is offline   captaincatfish Icon

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

You sir are correct. A run of md5 in the terminal on zUrT42_0001.pk3 showed an inconsistent hash value from what they have listed on the downloads page. Instead of hashing anything else, I deleted all downloaded data, re-downloaded, and installed Q3UT and now it's runnin' perfectly at 2880x1800 :P

Thanks!

#4 User is offline   Dougy Icon

• Account: dougy

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

View Postcaptaincatfish, on 08 August 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

You sir are correct. A run of md5 in the terminal on zUrT42_0001.pk3 showed an inconsistent hash value from what they have listed on the downloads page. Instead of hashing anything else, I deleted all downloaded data, re-downloaded, and installed Q3UT and now it's runnin' perfectly at 2880x1800 :P

Thanks!

You're welcome :)

-Dougy

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942