• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hits vs Twitch Rate Topic: -----

New animations undo the good work

#1 User is offline   Hoody Icon

• Account: hoody
  • Main tag: pnk|

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

I commend the devs for improving hit detection and for updating the animation, but I think they have inadvertently caused a worse problem.

The new animations are so jerky and irregular that it makes aiming at people much more of a lottery. While aiming at someone with sr8, the head and limbs "snap" to new positions in very noticeable and unnatural ways. This doesn't strike me as an improvement.

I know that I will probably get used to the new way the models move, but they seem to twitch and jerk in a frenetic manner that they never used to, making movement look much less fluid and very awkward. I fear that players will learn to exploit the glitchy movement, which will be worse than the left-right spamming currently used.

I would suggest that the transitions between model stances be smoothed and made more fluid.

#2 User is offline   R0LEX Icon

• Account: r0lex
  • Main tag: pwnz:

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

+1 . crouch is way too fast and it changes position if you press left or right when you powerslide .

This post has been edited by R0LEX: 08 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

#3 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostR0LEX, on 08 August 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

+1 . crouch is way too fast and it changes position if you press left or right when you powerslide .

Yes, I agree. I have seen players doing such jerky movements of crouch, jumping and strafing (static position without powerslide) very fast (script?), so it was very difficult to hit even at short-medium distance (apart of being distracting and strange).
Probably, the speed of crouching (and strafing?) should be slower, and it should consume a lot of stamina (crouch and uncrouch), so that if you stamina is low the crouching and strafing were even slower.
Also, the damage on legs could slow crouch even further...

This post has been edited by karnute: 08 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

#4 User is offline   r00t Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Anticheat Developer
  • Account: r00t

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Touching how much stamina crouching takes is a big NO, unless you want to break all jump maps.
It's just the model animation, player movements are same as in 4.1

#5 User is offline   Hoody Icon

• Account: hoody
  • Main tag: pnk|

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

View Postr00t, on 08 August 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Touching how much stamina crouching takes is a big NO, unless you want to break all jump maps.
It's just the model animation, player movements are same as in 4.1

It might just be the animations that have changed, but they are twitchy and make aiming more irritating and therefore have made things worse. You don't really get to appreciate the aesthetics when you're playing in any case. Would be better to simplify things slightly. Just some constructive criticism from someone who has played this game for a long time. Cheers.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942