Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urtupdater fails... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   davz3 Icon

• Account: davz3

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

hi..

Im trying to download the installer for linux but it doesn't extract.Out of 10 times it extracts fine just for once,and when i run the installer it begins to download but says the files could not be downloaded.When I try again,it says urban terror is up to date!!....I tried deleting everything many times and starting all over again,but to no avail.It begins and stops without downloading and on further trial says the game is up to date.Has anyone faced something like this?...Any help would be greatly appreciated.. :sad:

#2 User is offline   ge0rdie Icon

• Account: ge0rdie

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

View Postdavz3, on 10 August 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

hi..

Im trying to download the installer for linux but it doesn't extract.Out of 10 times it extracts fine just for once,and when i run the installer it begins to download but says the files could not be downloaded.When I try again,it says urban terror is up to date!!....I tried deleting everything many times and starting all over again,but to no avail.It begins and stops without downloading and on further trial says the game is up to date.Has anyone faced something like this?...Any help would be greatly appreciated.. :sad:

It would seem that the Linux installer is 32bit so you have to install a bunch of crap to get it to work

Download the 64bit server installer (UrbanTerror42_Ded_64.zip) and use it instead, you get the 64bit client as well (Quake3-UrT.x86_64)

"chmod 755 Quake3-UrT.x86_64" and you should be good to go

Except you're not, you get "Sys_Error: Couldn't load default.cfg" which seems to be (yet) another separate issue
http://www.urbanterr...oad-defaultcfg/

Apparently there should be a zpak000.pk3 in q3ut4/

I don't have one and the updater says everything is up to date. Unfortunatly the guy who posted that didn't say anything about how to get the file if you do not have it

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942