Urban Terror Forums: UrtUpdater could not download the files? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrtUpdater could not download the files? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lifdoff Icon

• Account: lifdoff

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

I downloaded the UrtUpdater for windows. When I run the program to download the files for Urban Terror 4.2, it gets through about 10% of the download for each of the 15 files before it returns this error: "Could not download the files. Please check your internet connection. You can ask for help on the official website".

When I resume the download it continues from the next file, with no further mention of the previous file. I've let it finish the process for the fifteen files however the error message it returns closes the program and renders me unable to install the executable, once it's closed it no longer offers this option and only shows the changelog.

I've tried turning off the firewall and our internet connection is very reliable.
Is there anything I've missed? Is there another way to download the files successfully? I'm at a loss.

#2 User is offline   banksy Icon

• Account: banksy
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

http://www.urbanterr...640#entry332640

try that.

#3 User is offline   lifdoff Icon

• Account: lifdoff

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

Ok, I downloaded the zip file for windows and went to extract it. It says the zip file is empty - there's nothing in there.

#4 User is offline   banksy Icon

• Account: banksy
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

hmm, I'm not sure then. Maybe try ask around in the IRC chat at quake.net /join #urbanterror

There should be quite a discussion there on 4.2, so you can get your answers there :)

#5 User is offline   D4WN Icon

• Account: d4wn

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postlifdoff, on 11 August 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

I downloaded the UrtUpdater for windows. When I run the program to download the files for Urban Terror 4.2, it gets through about 10% of the download for each of the 15 files before it returns this error: "Could not download the files. Please check your internet connection. You can ask for help on the official website".

When I resume the download it continues from the next file, with no further mention of the previous file. I've let it finish the process for the fifteen files however the error message it returns closes the program and renders me unable to install the executable, once it's closed it no longer offers this option and only shows the changelog.

I've tried turning off the firewall and our internet connection is very reliable.
Is there anything I've missed? Is there another way to download the files successfully? I'm at a loss.

I had the same issue.
I deleted pak file 0009.pk3 from q3ut4 folder and then used the updater again. It downloaded the pack and then went into the installation. However when I open URT through the executable file it goes to an orange and blue screen.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   rubberduck Icon

• Account: rubberduck

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

I am also having issues in both Mac and Windows - it tries to download the first file - zUrT42_0001.pk3 which it saves a html file basically saying that access to cdn.urbanterror.info is forbidden.

Would I be correct in assuming that they are over the allowed download quota from their cdn provider?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942