Urban Terror Forums: Hit sounds for explosives (nades and hk etc.) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hit sounds for explosives (nades and hk etc.) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   marv Icon

• Account: marv

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

I don't know if everyone agrees but wouldn't it be nice to know if you've hit someone or given damage to someone with an explosive. Hit sounds from nades appear in many games ( don't flame me because I play tf2).
This would also benefit many other CTF players as they can defend and attack flags more easier knowing if they hit the target or are aimlessly spraying.
I know I'm kinda waffling but the sounds could possibly be louder or quiter depending on the amount of splash damage given.
Cheers for clicking on the thread (:
-Marv

Ps: sorry if my spelling or grammar is messed up I'm in Thailand using a mobile.
-Marv
<3 feel the love )•(

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hm...

I guess you mean something like this metalic hitsound, not the painfull sound your charackter does.

I'd say that this is a quite good idea, because you can trow nades faster than you can hear their explosion, but it could also be a kind of 'hitpainting' so you could find an enemy without really searching for him.
E.g. you could throw a nade over half of the map and get a hitsound, so you know where the enemy is.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   marv Icon

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

Exactly what I mean, also they could introduce a blip system on the maps where the enemy is stained where he last took explosive damage. Making it not too over powered
-Marv
<3 feel the love )•(

#4 User is offline   DeMS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: dems

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

You already have some feedback from explosives, which is the hit player "auch" sound.

Giving explosives a hitsound would give another use to grenades and HK69, agreed, but it can also be dangerous (nade-spamming will become more popular if implemented, which could possibly kill public servers).

Imho you have already a lot of information with the player's moaning sound - if you hit them with an explosive hard enough so they moan, you'll have them hurt and will know their position to make a safe kill -, so I'm not fond of this suggestion.

#5 User is offline   marv Icon

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

But if your on the offense with flag grabber basing the spawn you kinda wanna know, this would only really work in CTF I guess...
-Marv
<3 feel the love )•(

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   banksy Icon

• Account: banksy
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

you can already hear when a player is hit. They made a cry of pain sort of

#7 User is offline   marv Icon

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

More like the ting hit sound I was thinking and you can't hear people on the other side of the map:/
-Marv
<3 feel the love )•(

#8 User is offline   banksy Icon

• Account: banksy
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

I don't use the ting sound, if youre good enough you dont need it :P
Plus if theyre on the other side of the map, why do you need to know if you hit them? It's unlikely you will know which player you hit by the time you get over there to find that player that you damaged with the nade. There really isnt a purpose.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942