Urban Terror Forums: Some problems when you rename more than 5 times - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some problems when you rename more than 5 times Rate Topic: -----

#2 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostBlapecOol, on 16 August 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Hello.

The rename limit on the sever is cool, but there are somme issues with it :/
When you rename more that 5 times your name didn't change on the game, exept that's still displayed in the log.

That's a bit embarassing for bots, because they'll thought your name is 'blah' but on the server that's still show your 5th name...

And also, when you disconnect that's will display your last nick you tried to set even if the server told you that's you can't rename any more.

I see your point, but honestly, is there EVER a reason to rename 5 times on a server?

Personally I love the sounds of this feature, it would help me in pugbot greatly. (long story)
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#4 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostBlapecOol, on 16 August 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

I don't rename more ingame. I still keep my name. But some players do that. And that's an issue more for server admins (like me), not for normal players.

If you rename on the 6th time like "Youcantkickme" and then annoy me, that's will be annoying if I try to use !kick or !ban with your name because your 6th rename isn't displayed to other users but bot will thougt that's your name is "Youcantkickme".

Ahh, true, I see the issue with that. The feature itself is a great idea, just needs to have that bug worked out.
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#5 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I think this is a anticheat feature, some cheat's change his nick's to others players in server automatically (If my nick is Drizzt the cheater change her nick a Drizt or similar, and this creates confusion between players). This feature, auth-system and notoriety it's a good idea against cheaters (it's not the same that anticheat but it's the first step).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

/for fun:
cant wait until the server where i have rcon is updated to 4.2, just to try the force_name_change file xD

This post has been edited by Driller: 17 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

#8 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostBlapecOol, on 18 August 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

I don't think because :
1 - There's no relation with other players nicknames (that's works on empty servers too)
2 - If My name is Blapecool on the server and then some looser rename as blapecool too, an underscore with the slot number is added to the name. (like 4.1)

Do you've never played on a public server without admins and a cheater switching the nick every 5 seconds? Including with admins, if they are not aware of cheating, may end kick / banning the wrong player. :/

Some 4.1 server's has a admin bot (B3 or other's, i don't remember now), with plugin that have this feature, it's not new.

Your question it's about bot's, maybe FS can allow multiple nickname's for bot's, but this feature i think is for prevent troubles against some cheaters.

Anyway, i don't think that something need's change his nickname more 5 times for play. Of course, this is only my opinion. :wink:

P.S. Yes, i know my english sucks, sorry :(

#9 User is offline   okoca Icon

• Account: okoca
  • Main tag: |GH|

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hi,
in the same way of this topic, but a step farther.
I renamed 6 times on a server (ok it's bad), got the message of error and after that, got problem with my weapon bind.
The bind for chose differents "pack of weapon", instead of go menu, worked but the message ERROR appear ; like Blapecool problem.
Don't know if it's the bot or urt's code but i've got this.
Posted Image
Anyway, like this version, hits are so better!

This post has been edited by okoca: 19 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942