Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Updater won't work on ppc macs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   0hyeah132 Icon

• Account: 0hyeah132

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

The new updater won't run on power pc macs. If it is possible it would be great if there was a way to download the game without the updater because 4.1.1 ran great and I'm sure 4.2 will also. If the actual game won't work on ppc macs then it would be great if it could be made to. Also the exact error message when trying to run the updater is as follows "You cannot open the application 'UrTUpdater' because it is not supported on this system." Thank you for making such an awesome game free.
~0hyeah132

#2 User is offline   venividivici24 Icon

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

View Post0hyeah132, on 22 August 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

The new updater won't run on power pc macs. If it is possible it would be great if there was a way to download the game without the updater because 4.1.1 ran great and I'm sure 4.2 will also. If the actual game won't work on ppc macs then it would be great if it could be made to. Also the exact error message when trying to run the updater is as follows "You cannot open the application 'UrTUpdater' because it is not supported on this system." Thank you for making such an awesome game free.
~0hyeah132

There is a way to get Urban Terror 4.2 on PowerPC macs. This is NOT an official method by any means and will have some glitches. You are going to need access to a PC or Intel Intel mac and a working Urban Terror 4.1 to accomplish this.

Note, if you want to retain Urban Terror 4.1, make a backup beforehand.
Note 2, skip to the end of the post to try the faster and easier method.

1. Go to the PC of Intel Mac and download Urban Terror 4.2
2. Transfer the whole downloaded folder to your PPC mac via a USB stick, sharing... etc
3. Open both of the Urban Terror games in separate Finder windows. Go to the Urban Terror 4.1/q3ut4 folder and delete ALL of the .pk3 files. Now navigate to the Urban Terror 4.2/q3ut4 folder and copy ALL of the .pk3 files and paste them into the 4.1/q3ut4 folder.

4. Go to the Urban Terror 4.1 folder and delete and .DLL files. Next, click over to the 4.2 folder and copy all the .DLLs and paste them in the 4.1 folder.

Ta-da, there should now be a working UT 4.2 on your PPC mac. There will be some glitches because the UT 4.1 mac app wasn't made to work with 4.2, but it is working fine for me right now.

Note....There is another method that might work, but I haven't tested it. Simply copy the UT 4.1 app into the UT 4.2 folder. I'm pretty sure it will work, but I'm now sure, so I posted the method that worked for me.

Enjoy

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942