Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.2 Download error Rate Topic: -----

Windows installer 5.0 or higher

#1 User is offline   imm0rtalassasin Icon

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Every time I download the 4.2 update it says I need windows installer 5.0 or higher to install it can you guys turn it into a .zip or anything?

#2 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Read this Topic

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#3 User is offline   imm0rtalassasin Icon

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Yes, I've tried the UrTUpadter and still when I go into the game menu on the bottom right corner it says it's still 4.1 Not 4.2 Why?

#4 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

I’m going to assume here that you didn’t place the updater in a location where it would be able to screw things up (if you did, the game would report being 4.2 and potentially cause funny issues). Thing is, the updater knows absolutely nothing about your existing installation(s) — its name refers to it being the thing that’s going to keep your 4.2 installation up to date. Installing 4.2 on top of 4.1(.1) is a bad idea anyway, don’t attempt it.

After (presumably) running the updater until it claimed everything has been downloaded, it has created a folder named q3ut4 in the same location you placed the updater in, containing the PK3s and configs; it has also downloaded the game binaries and assorted libraries. If everything went right, you should have a working game in whatever location you ran the updater from. Your shortcuts will still point to the 4.1 client in its clean installation, so that’s probably why you can “run the game” and have it report itself as 4.1.

It’s entirely possible that you extracted the updater without the UrbanTerror42 folder (it contains several binaries for different operating systems), in which case the game files are scattered in the download location. The correct folder structure is the same as in earlier versions, it’s just that the root folder is named UrbanTerror42 instead of UrbanTerror:

UrbanTerror42\
	UrTUpdater
	Quake3-UrT.* (the various clients for different OSes)
	*dll (various libraries)
	q3ut4\
		zUrT42_000*.pk3 (nine files of game data)
		and various configs and other text files

Yes, the stuff Frozen Sand gives us is oldschool: hearkening back to the time users were required to be smarter than their software. (Not necessarily a good thing, mind…)
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#5 User is offline   antipickle Icon

• Account: antipickle

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I figured out how to install it on XP

do a manual msiexec install in command prompt:

msiexec /a PathToUTinstaller

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942