• You cannot reply to this topic

Ban list on urbanterror.info Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Badfurday Icon

• Account: badfurday
  • Main tag: [NB]

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello, randomly fell upon this post...

View PostBRAVO, on 21 September 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

Myself am banned in not few server because of "obvious hacking" (???) and i never installed any cheat and i'm not even a good player compared to top tier. with the passage of time public ban list on official UrT website will end up being populated with things like this: http://www.mqcd.fr/banlist.php (people banned because of being 999, TK, being a pedophile (???), using a negev, and even worse..., hack acusation on players with out any trustable back up to make ban hack-accusation serious.

I would really hate to see my name one day in that list, and it will happen sooner or latter, same for a lot of other legit players..., and it will bring discomfort to a big part of community sooner or later.

I think you used the wrong example here. We enforce strict rules on the MQCD servers, but we do so through warns and kicks. Only the most excessive cases get banned.

I look at the banlist, and see 0 people banned for having 999 ping or using the negev. If such a ban was done, the admin responsible for it would be stripped of his powers.

The rest of the bans were fully deserved. If a person does not understand after two warnings and two kicks that teamkilling is not fine, we have no solution but to ban him. If a person starts asking underage children contact information to have a webcam conversation with them in a VERY creepy way, it is obvious that we will ban them - and do so only after a couple warnings. When a person starts being openly insulting or racist, we'll enforce the same two warning two kick one ban policy before doing anything. Even server squatters, people who are there to ruin the game instead of playing, etc., will be given their chance.

Public ban lists are not necessarily a bad thing if:
1) The admins enforcing it make sure to only ban the most harsh cases, and only after enough warnings (unless the situation is extreme and needs to be handled ASAP)
2) People on the list get a solid chance at appealing if they feel the ban is unjust, and the admins give everyone a fair second chance (which the MQCD do)

The issue is not with having public banlists, it's about how people handle them. For us (MQCD), it matters that our banlist is public, so that people know why and how they got banned. I'm sure urtinfo feels the same, and wants people to get a shot at knowing why when and how they got banned.

#12 User is offline   PsYc0TiC Icon

• Account: psyc0tic

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostBRAVO, on 21 September 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

EDIT: i found fonducci in the banlist (to be a lammer)!! http://www.urbanterr.../members/ban/5/

Muhahahhaa, i'll tell him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 5 years legit UrT player now unfairly defamed on an urbanterror.info banlist by some noob..., you see what i'm talking about?

Tell him whatever you want... he knows why he was banned on my servers and who gives a shit how many years he played a game.... if he breaks server rules and gets banned for the flagrant rule breaking... evades bans over and over because he is a "lamer" then he is a "Lamer" and is listed as so in public.

Now stfu "noob" and get a life with your ass-buddy fondouchbag

BRAVO said:

Taken from the rules of the webpage of this people: http://www.urbanterr...rofile/bn/bans/ (draw your own conclusions)

1. If we do not like you, we can refuse to allow you to play on our servers.
3. If we feel you are cheating, even if we can't prove it, we can refuse to allow you to play on our servers.

You may also be suprised to see that written i nthe rules of many clans websites... even like ones called 1up.

You seem to think that people that pay for server space and provide game servers are obligated to allow everyone to play on them for free no matter how they act or whether or not they cheat. You sir (and I use that term VERY loosely) are sadly mistaken. The server owners have the right to refuse connection to anyone they want for whatever reason they want and not you nor anyone else has the RIGHT to do or say anything about it. You do not know what you are talking about and you need to stfu with your quest to trash talk me and go back to being the fondouchbag lover that you are. Suck it!

furthermore Bravo... the term "lamer" is a set term in the choices you have to make when listing an urbanterror.info member as banned.... it doesn't give you better words to describe the idiot that needed banning so we use what is provided and describe it below that. I never listed lamers and the like in my cheater banlist. I kept multiple banlists and only made public the cheaters bans because the personal bans were just that... personal and everyone may or may not care about person bans.

So in conclusion... who fkn cares what you think anyway... I don't have servers anymore and fondouchbag is still just that... a douchbag and deserved all 47 bans from my servers he got and all of his douchbag friends that helped him in his efforts to harass my clan and evade all of his bans.... *@!# you all too because you are all a bunch of immature children that know you can act however you want on the internet because you know someone can't reach out and knock the shit out of you (like you so obviously need)

Good luck server owners... people like Bravo crying and defending the "lamers" will see to it server owners have no choice but to allow everyone to play their servers for free with no way to stop them.

This post has been edited by PsYc0TiC: 24 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

#14 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostKalish, on 16 April 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

We can not continue on that way. 2 messages have been "unaproved".

To conclude :
- Admins do what they want on there own servers. This is not a rule : this is a simple reality.
- Harassment is strictly forbidden in this forum. Outside, it depends of the law of your country.

I'm not arguing that kalish, of course everybody can do whatever they want with the server they pay for (and i hope it remain like that). what i'm arguing is those bans to be published on urbanterror.info and..., you see every admin has own reason to ban a player, not fair by other player's perspective.

EDIT 2: Admins calling cheats on players who are not cheating.

EDIT 3: If not a problem today.., i guess no problem..., but it's not the powerful tool it could have been.

This post has been edited by BRAVO: 20 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#15 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostBRAVO, on 20 April 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

EDIT 2: Admins calling cheats on players who are not cheating.

I know of 3 servers (4.1 still) off the top of my head that do this on a regular basis. Banning league players for wallhack left and right. Kids get a hold of a server then have no idea how to manage it or what to even look for. I'm sure once 4.2 populates a bit more, it will happen there as well.

We should have an area for server shaming like we have an area for player shaming.

This post has been edited by Nikki: 23 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942