Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror 4.2 packages for openSUSE - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.2 packages for openSUSE Rate Topic: -----

RPMs, no need for the UrTupdater

#1 User is offline   matt Icon

• Account: matt

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

http://software.open...h?q=urbanterror includes the GPLed engine with client and server. It will also install an urbanterror-data package which will automagically download the Freeware (Q3A SDK licensed) game files. No closed source updater required.

I tested http://software.open...age/urbanterror on openSUSE 12.2 It can connect to servers and use the auth system. I also fixed the "curl not found" bug when trying to download maps in-game that I had with pre-compiled binaries.

Frozen Sand made it a little nasty because https://github.com/B...r-UrbanTerror-4 is not tagged and I had to guess the revision from the release date and I had to use Wireshark on the Urban Terror Updater to find the download location for the *.pk3 files. Now you don't have to go through the same trouble. Just on-click-install and grab a beer (it will pull 1.1 GB data files) while you wait.

Have a lot of fun! :)

#2 User is offline   matt Icon

• Account: matt

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Now that Frozensand releases .zip archives again, I packaged those as RPM in a -data package. No AutoDownloader GUI needed anymore (for server admins).

#3 User is offline   mojo22 Icon

• Account: mojo22

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postmatt, on 23 September 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

http://software.open...h?q=urbanterror includes the GPLed engine with client and server. It will also install an urbanterror-data package which will automagically download the Freeware (Q3A SDK licensed) game files. No closed source updater required.

I tested http://software.open...age/urbanterror on openSUSE 12.2 It can connect to servers and use the auth system. I also fixed the "curl not found" bug when trying to download maps in-game that I had with pre-compiled binaries.

Frozen Sand made it a little nasty because https://github.com/B...r-UrbanTerror-4 is not tagged and I had to guess the revision from the release date and I had to use Wireshark on the Urban Terror Updater to find the download location for the *.pk3 files. Now you don't have to go through the same trouble. Just on-click-install and grab a beer (it will pull 1.1 GB data files) while you wait.

Have a lot of fun! :)

Zu erst ein mal hoffe ich, dass die Countryangabe stimmt und Sie wirklich deutsch sprechen, denn mit meinem englisch hapert es doch gewaltig.

Obwohl dieser Beitrag von Ihnen etwas älter ist, möchte ich zu meinem Vorteil davon ausgehen, dass Sie Ihn noch verfolgen.

Also zu meinem Problem.

Ich habe ebenfalls Urbanterror auf Opensuse installiert aber ich bekomme in der 'Serverliste nicht einen einzigen Server angezeigt, obwohl da steht, dass es welche gibt. Es waren irgendwas um 740
Server.

Nach einigen Recherchen habe ich mal den Masterserver umgestellt, da es aber nichts gebracht hatte habe ich Ihn wieder auf den Urzustand zurückgesetzt.

Dann dachte ich mir, dass es an meiner 'Firewall liegen könnte, aber das war wohl ein Trugschluss, denn selbst das abstellen der Firewall von Opensuse + der Portfreigabe (27960 UDP) bei meiner Fritzbox führten zu keinem positiven Ergebnis.

Der nächste Versuch war Urbanterror nicht über die Repos zu installieren, sondern direkter download von der Homepage (Webinstaller) und dann sollte es doch gehen.

Nun was soll ich sagen.

Es ging immer noch nicht :-(.

Wäre ja alles nicht so schlimm, da ich eher alleine spiele und die Serverliste da selten brauche aber selbst das ist eine Katastrophe.

Egal was ich versuche Mapcycle geht nicht, Mapvote geht nicht,
was bedeutet das ich entweder immer und immer wieder die gleiche Map spiele, oder ich jedes mal wenn eine Map duch ist zurück
ins Hauptmenü gehe und mit einer anderen Map von vorne anfange.

Ich wurde mich freuen wenn Sie dieses lesen und dem genügend Beachtung schenken würden
um dem (den Fehlern) auf den Grund zu gehen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

mojo22 (ingame)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is translated with google

At one time I only hope that the country information is correct and you really speak German, because my English is the weak but powerful.

Although this post of yours is a bit older, I would go out to my advantage from the fact that you still follow Him.

So to my problem.

I have also installed Urban Terror on OpenSuse but I get the 'server list does not appear a single server, even though it says that there are any. It was something around 740
Server.

After some research, I once changed the master server, as it had brought nothing but I have him restored to its original state.

Then I thought to myself that it could be my 'firewall, but that was probably a fallacy because even turn off the firewall using the port OpenSUSE + release (27960 UDP) led to no positive result in my Fritzbox.

The next attempt was to install Urban Terror on the repos, but a direct download from the homepage (web installer) and then it should go yet.

Well what can I say.

It was still not :-(.

Would be not so bad, since I play alone, rather the server list because rarely need but even that is a disaster.

No matter what I try Mapcycle not going mapvote not going
what that means I either play over and over again the same map, or I every time a map is back Duch
go to the main menu and begin with another map from the front.

I was happy if you would read this and give sufficient attention to the
to the (mistakes) to get to the bottom.

Sincerely yours

mojo22 (in-game)

#4 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Set the filter settings in the server browser to:

Source: Internet
Gametyp: All
View Full: yes
View Empty: yes
Accounts: all
Private: any

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#5 User is offline   mojo22 Icon

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Ich danke für die Antwort, aber das habe ich bereits so eingestellt.
Und auch die anderen 35 Möglichkeiten waren erfolglos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the answer, but I've already set that way.
And the other 35 options were unsuccessful.

Da ein Außenstehender, welcher die Konfiguration meines Systems
nicht kennt, wohl nicht die Lösung finden kann, werde ich es weiter
auf eigene Weise versuchen und mich melden, wenn ich Erfolg hatte.

As an outsider who does not know the configuration of my system,
probably not can find the solution, I'll keep trying in their own
way, and report me,
if I was successful.

This post has been edited by mojo22: 15 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

#6 User is offline   mojo22 Icon

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

sudo chown -R :users /usr/lib64/urbanterror
sudo chmod 775 -R /usr/lib64/urbanterror

cd /usr/lib64/urbanterror

./UrTUpdater.x86_64

./Quake3-UrT.x86_64

Endlich steht was in der Serverliste.

Um Mapvote nutzen zu können musste ich in der server.cfg noch den Eintrag anpassen:

set g_allowVote "15"

Und in der autoexec.cfg das hinzufügen:

exec server.cfg

Wer Bots nutzen möchte sollte in der autoexec.cfg und am besten auch in der
server.cfg noch diese Zeile eintragen.

bot_enable 1

Selbst wenn Ihr unter OpenSuse den KDE-Menüeintrag für Urban Terror anpasst
und die Ausführbare Datei auf Quake3-UrT.x86_64 legt wird die Serverliste nicht
angezeigt. Zumindest war es bei mir so.
Am besten legt Ihr dafür einfach einen neuen Eintrag an und löscht den alten.

Beste Grüße

mojo22

–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sudo chown-R: users /usr/lib64/urbanterror
sudo chmod-R 775 /usr/lib64/urbanterror

cd / usr/lib64/urbanterror

./UrTUpdater.x86_64

./Quake3-UrT.x86_64

Now the server list is not empty

To use mapvote I had to adjust the entry in the server.cfg yet:

set g_allowVote "15"

And in the autoexec.cfg add the:

exec server.cfg

Who wants to use bots should add in the autoexec.cfg and best in the
server.cfg this line.

bot_enable 1

Even if you adjust the KDE menu entry for Urban Terror on openSUSE
and places the executable file on Quake3 UrT.x86_64 is not the server list
displayed. At least it was for me like that.
You put it best simply create a new entry and deletes the old one.

regards

mojo22

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942