Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Linux 64-bit updater does not work Rate Topic: -----

Deletes binaries too

#1 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Downloaded the new Linux 64-bit server updater. The updater appeared to run, displaying prompts and downloading files. Download took less than 2 minutes (on a 160KB/sec connection). No files were actually downloaded, no installed files were changed. Same problem as with 4.2.001 server updater. I am trying to use the server updater to install/update the UrT client as the Qt based updater does not even connect to the server. In the end I downloaded a full 4.2.001 zip file via torrents. Hope someone would zip the updated files for 4.2.002 and post a link.

Another thing. Despite running the new server updater in its own directory an empty q3ut4 directory is created in my user's home directory as well as "ioHZr857hjGVGaZVS" text file. This text file contains installation prompt text and licensing info. Tried to run as root with same outcome.

Update: Previous problem would happen when clicking on the updater to run it. Tried running it from the terminal and it started a download displaying

Downloading the files...
Downloading: Quake3-UrT_Logitech_Game_Recognition.reg [DONE!]
Downloading: zUrT42_0010.pk3 [DONE!]
Downloading: mapcycle.txt [DONE!]
Downloads finished.

After answering y to installation prompt there was another download of client and server binaries.
The problem is my 4.2.001 binaries are gone and new binaries are nowhere to be found, as well as zUrT42_0010.pk3 and the other two files apparently downloaded with it. The updater behaviour is similar to the one described in this post Forum link

This post has been edited by bArgh: 04 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942