• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LAN tournament Rate Topic: -----

When?

#1 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Online leagues are pretty good... but

I don't know you guys but i would ove to be in an UrT LAN tournament, i guess the expenses would not be so high (players on it would be paying it), registration fee half to pay the place and half to the pot, money prices for 1st, 2nd, 3rd (3rd just recover half of what he pay for the fee).

Not for the money..., for the good Ulrban Terror..., for no shitty lag limiting owr hits..., to be or see the UrT teams and players in the world do what they know...

I think that with 100 players willing to play paying $50 (with everything included) we can make a really good LAN party.

I would appreciate admins and/or moderators keep this troll-free. Interested people post here or send me a PM.

EDIT: considering most of players would have to travel for such an event we can make pot bigger, with bigger prizes for winner and second league would be aweasome.

This post has been edited by BRAVO: 02 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#2 User is offline   REDKILLA Icon

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

The idea is not bad, but the location could be a problem. Assuming that there will be players from around the globe, the plane tickets may vary between 200 and 1500$. So that won't be affordable for many players.
If you really want to do this you need to sketch a good plan.

#3 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

I think the ideal place would be New York brooklyn... it's cheap, clean, and we can get a 300 peaople room there for bucks. also it's near everything adn cheap flys.

Of course for a fearest (1st lol) meeting you won't have everybody... but damn, with 10 7 players clan all expenses would be covered, giving good awards to winners and you would be meating some of the best (and your e-friends) players in the world.

I think there is nothing to lose..., let's do it, we just need some organization

QTF: FS must stay away of this because player can't pay your insurance in a first meeting..., go at your own risk if you want..., not as FS representatives.
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#4 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostBRAVO, on 02 October 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

I think the ideal place would be New York brooklyn...

Getting the paper works done to enter the US reminds me of 2009 when i wanted to visit QuakeCon... :mad:

As for your "awards", who you suggest will be funding for those? :ohmy:

This post has been edited by Nexu: 08 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942