• You cannot reply to this topic

just curious Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: eya
  • Main tag: UZ|admin

Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:38 AM

I have a decent collection of maps, but something really weird happened to me when I added Mad-Horse's ut_TrainAssault1_beta to it :shock: .

You better have a look at these screenies, they're a bit dark, but you'll get the idea: http://www.jumep.com/urt

Mind me, the menus work, if you remember what and where to find, you can play as usual, if you manage to blind-find a server (the ingame bar works properly).

I can't get hold of Mad-Horse and I myself have no idea about mapping, but I'm curious. Any idea what could have caused this? I'm 100% sure that the .pk3 is downloaded full, I dl'ed it several times and from different sources; I reproduced this very same bug on three other computers (with their own copies of the map); and I'm sure it is this one map. It's in my q3ut3 folder, my game looks like this; it's not there, everything's sweet.

The PCs here are all different (a p4, a celeron 2.4, one athlon 1000, and a PIII 700), but they all run 512megs on ram and ATIs (various from the 9000 series, I lost track of them - the p4 is running 9600, the others prolly 9200s) on ATI drivers (version 6.14.0010.6467, most of them).

I'm ever so curious what's up. I keep having these weird problems all the time :lol:

#2 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:48 PM

The Problem is, since not really much ppl know custom maps, and I mean "knowing" ;), its not really known that some of MAD HORSE´s Maps from this time period has a shader bug and some other problems.

Because of this they don´t really work, like you noticed by now. ;)

Also in this period was the Map ut_milano, there for he made a ut_milano_v2 later without problems.

If you have any questions else, just tell me. ;)

Mad Horse is a good friend of mine, of you have more questions about his Maps, tell me, I´ll ask him.

[AoW] Wolfs Eye

#3 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:05 AM

I also found video drivers to cause this issue.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942