Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

HK69 reload bug + more

#1 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:15 PM

Sometimes the reload animation for the HK69 is not displayed, while the weapon is in fact reloading. Annoying. Noticed it mostly on abbey2, if that makes any difference.

Also the sliding doors on turnpike haven't been fixed (to office reception area I believer).

Spas damage isn't reported properly with showbullethits 2.

FPS drops still occur too now and then (from 100, down to 30something fps in a sec), mainly on Uptown.

This is all I can think of for now. Still like the game a lot, otherwise I wouldn't even post this.

SPECS:
p4 2,4 Ghz
ATI Radeon 9500 (128 Mb)
512 Mb RAM
100mbit connection

All drivers are up to date.

Thanks for reading, hope it will help.

#2 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 18 April 2004 - 01:07 AM

Yes, I experience this problem with the hk69, sometimes as often as 25% of the time.

Yeah, I ran into the door on turnpike last night. This has been reported a few times.

For spas damage I reported this a while ago, it seems to me that the distance modifier isn't being added in.

FPS drop is a common problem but I believe it's a symptom of multiple problems.

#3 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:54 AM

Spas only reports one hit, there too many hits to be reported correctly. So yes you will see hits showing as 2% occasionally. It's intentional done that way.

Turnpike door I beleive is up to the mapper to fix, not SID.

#4 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 18 April 2004 - 12:25 PM

It happens with more guns just not that often

#5 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 18 April 2004 - 01:58 PM

If the incorrect spas damage can't be fixed, too bad, because I use the damage messages as a way to estimate my opponent's health. With spas damage itself being so random, it would be a great help if the damage report would be accurate.

If the door in turnpike is a mapper problem, I hope the maker of the map has the time to fix it somewhere soon, cause it's really annoying. Either make it slide automatically, or make it a "use" door, the randomness is killing me :)

#6 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:33 PM

The turnpike issue has been address. The response was something along the line of, if turnpike is included in the port to ET, then it will be fixed.

#7 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

Too bad, would be nice if fixed in 3.5,

#8 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 12:50 PM

In quake3 you could estimate your oponents health by the scream-in-pain noise that would get worse when he had less health :)

This fps drop bug is kinda puzzling to me. I play in linux 99% of the time and there's no such thing, once the game starts up it stays at max fps (85, gf3 in my case) from the first second to the quit.

In windows (com_hunkmegs set to 192 like in linux, pc has 512meg ram) the game is near unplayable during the first 3-5 mins or so because of constant disk accessing (PB checks your virtual memory as I read somewhere ?!). Considering this problem is so OS dependent I wonder if it has much to do with UrT code at all.

#9 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:45 PM

Fps drop is nothing to do with UrT.
its all pb.

you can prove it by running a pb disabled server and connecting with a pb disabled client.

you have to have BOTH disabled though otherwise pb still scans.

#10 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:47 PM

also, in UrT we do use different pain noises depending on health levels.

check it out some time.

I know when they're making big groany noises its time to speed in with mah boots of passion.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942