• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Funstuff md3 shader issues Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   J.English Icon

• Account: jenglish
  • Main tag: [SnP]

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi,

First off I have searched through some pages of google to find a few topics on this within the urt site but nothing could help. One topic even made |ALPHA|Mission85 give up completely cause there was no fix for him -.- hope won't be same for me.
I've started using 3dsmax 9 (started today) and so far I have successfully created and exported a model which worked in urt.
However, now I have come to wanting to do one with a shader to remove the alpha area of the texture.
I have tried using one out of the funstuff.shader file as well as trying rambetter's one in icyjumps5d. It does not have any effect on the funstuff at all.

This is definitely something with the md3 as I tested the image by replacing the "leetarrow_i" image rambetter had and it worked.

Steps:
Import player head,
Created a square plane above the head model,
Pressed "M" for materials window,
Chose Diffuse as "Bitmap" and selected the texture for what the funstuff will be,
No other settings were changed in the material editor,
Exported as md3 model using correct codes on the filename such as r_0_2.

The image is a circle so the alpha removes the outside to make one.
As before, I was using the rambetter "leet" shader with obviously my own file names.

Ask if you need more info but that's as much as I think you would need to know.

I hope someone can help,
Thanks!

ALSO: Does anyone know why www.blackrayne.net is now access denied for getting models? I do have most of them but was wanting to go back for another look at a few others and most of it's blocked off now...

This post has been edited by J.English: 30 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

#2 User is offline   ValkoVer Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: valkover

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Try this:
models/players/funstuff/shader_name
{
        cull none //remove this line if geometry doesn't has to be two-sided
	{
	        map models/players/funstuff/texture_name.tga
	        alphaFunc GE128
	        depthWrite
	        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
	}
}

BTW, whats point of creating funstuff since it doesn't work in 4.2? :mellow: (i hope it will be re-implemented in the future though)

This post has been edited by ValkoVer: 30 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

#3 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Check the model with NMD3C; check that the texture paths in the model are the same as the name of the shader.

Also you should be giving the material a name in max, change the default from "01-Defualt" to the name of the shader you are wanting to use. See: http://homepages.man...ts/material.png

#4 User is offline   J.English Icon

• Account: jenglish
  • Main tag: [SnP]

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostValkoVer, on 30 October 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Try this:
models/players/funstuff/shader_name
{
        cull none //remove this line if geometry doesn't has to be two-sided
	{
	        map models/players/funstuff/texture_name.tga
	        alphaFunc GE128
	        depthWrite
	        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
	}
}

BTW, whats point of creating funstuff since it doesn't work in 4.2? :mellow: (i hope it will be re-implemented in the future though)

I'm creating it for my deathrun map I am making which is on 4.1 not 4.2. I don't know if it was fixed but there was a major problem with the ammo for deathrun on 4.2 so deathrun will stay 4.1 for a while.
The shader didn't change anything.

View PostNulL, on 30 October 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Check the model with NMD3C; check that the texture paths in the model are the same as the name of the shader.

Also you should be giving the material a name in max, change the default from "01-Defualt" to the name of the shader you are wanting to use. See: http://homepages.man...ts/material.png

Hasn't seem to have worked -.-

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942