Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't enable Punkbuster Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   valeriam Icon

• Account: valeriam

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Hi everyone, I'm new.

After doing all the stuff needed to play the game without any problem, I came upon one: I can't enable Punkbuster through the command /pb_cl_enable. I tried a few times, but it keeps saying "unknown command"

Also, I don't know if it is linked or something, but I can't find any server to join after refreshing or trying to get a new list. It just says "Getting info for 881 servers" for a few seconds and... Nothing else. The message disappear and no server is shown.

Am I the only one?

Thank you in advance for answering me.

#2 User is offline   wtk Icon

• Account: wtk

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Punkbuster is long dead and doesn't work.

#3 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

More precisely, PunkBuster support for UrT ended about five years ago.

About the server list problem: you’re not the only one, this is the most common issue people are asking help with, aaaand there’s no real solution beyond checking if filters are set correctly (Source: Internet, Type: All, Show full: Yes, Show empty: Yes) and checking whether UrT is allowed to connect in your firewall settings.

If this doesn’t help, well, you can always use the hard-to-break urtinfo server list, but this doesn’t show pings, so you’d have to decide what servers to connect to based on location (and you need UrTlauncher to connect if you don’t like typing addresses in console). Or alternatively, UrTConnector could work. There are also several generic gameserver browsers that support UrT (at least 4.1), but I don’t really know anything about those.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#4 User is offline   valeriam Icon

• Account: valeriam

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Thank you both...

But there's yet another problem. When I try to join a server, it loads for a few seconds, and then back to the menu screen with a message saying "Invalid game folder", which is weird because I don't see anything wrong.

Help, pretty please?

#5 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Aha. You’re either trying to connect to a server of wrong version (4.2 to 4.1 or vice versa, 4.2.004 to 4.2.002) or your installation is subtly broken.

• Where did you find the server(s)? (Both UrTConnector and the web list show the version, but very simple-mindedly allow you to connect whether the version matches or not.)
  • What UrT version do you have installed?
  • Are all PK3s fine? (Download pages for both 4.1 and 4.2 list the MD5 checksums for every PK3; Linux and Mac users should have md5sum installed by default, Windows users can use WinMD5Free.)

dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   wtk Icon

• Account: wtk

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Some servers from 4.2 show up in the 4.1/.1 server lists. I have yet to see this happen in 4.2.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942