• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sparks for the map. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   J.English Icon

• Account: jenglish
  • Main tag: [SnP]

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Herro again :)

I am wanting to incorporate some sparks into my deathrun map I am making. I have tried many different ways using NuLLs Particle Studio but I can't get it right at all! I have a nice spark like texture for it but I am hoping someone can make the sparks for me. I uploaded a short video on what I am wanting these sparks to be/look like but again, I cannot get it right so I hope someone can help me and get it done for me :)

That is off the game Garry's Mod in a deathrun server on there just in case anyone wants to know.

Thanks!!!

This post has been edited by J.English: 08 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

#2 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Make it for you? - Not a ruddy chance.

But I'll show you how to do it yourself:

(Yes my recording is crap, there no mouse pointer and the file open dialogs aren't visible; but can't-be-bothered-to-do-it-themselves people don't get second takes.)

First of all, you won't be able to reproduce the sparks in that video completely, but you can come pretty close or even make something superior. You'll never get sausage shaped sprites to travel along a parabolic line using quake 3 autosprites, but then why would you want to?

The starting particle system in the particle studio is pretty close to what you want already, you just need to change the texture, the size of the particles, then change the blending so the particles fade out as the age, also rotate the particles so they don't look so static. I also made the particles get smaller as they aged, for two reasons, firstly it helps them fade out, and it also add more additive light flaring at the emitter.

I'm sure if you spend a bit of time at it you can make something a lot better than I did in under 5 minutes, and perhaps also less green.

#3 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

this will look nice, but make sure it is not a FPS dropper, cause if this is the case, your map will not be popular.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942