• You cannot reply to this topic

Not able to search below 4 letters Rate Topic: -----

Kinda Useless

#1 User is offline   Arebias Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: arebias
  • Main tag: DUrT-

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

I don't exactly understand the wisdom in limiting searches to 5 or more letters only. It really is a pain in the *** when you try to search for things such as 'New CVARS'. There is always something 'New' about this game yet the search function is useless for the majority of searches I want to do on this forum.

Maybe you guys could compromise a bit and allow REGISTERED members a search function that is useful.

Anyway ..... Where can I find a list of all new server commands?

#2 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

No idea about the commands, but a good way to retain your sanity is searching the site using Google or Bing, adding site:urbanterror.info before the search string. No arbitrary limitations there:-)
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#3 User is offline   Arebias Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: arebias
  • Main tag: DUrT-

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yeah I guess I could do that. Thanks for the info.

I will give it a try ..... In the meantime I guess they can just remove the code for 'Search' here on the forum and place that in 007 and maybe that will solve the crash issues. :wink:

#4 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: wolfseye
  • Main tag: FCDE-

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostArebias, on 21 November 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

I don't exactly understand the wisdom in limiting searches to 5 or more letters only. It really is a pain in the *** when you try to search for things such as 'New CVARS'. There is always something 'New' about this game yet the search function is useless for the majority of searches I want to do on this forum.

Maybe you guys could compromise a bit and allow REGISTERED members a search function that is useful.

Anyway ..... Where can I find a list of all new server commands?

4 character minimum search phrase is pretty much standard in most forum softwares. Its also to avoid finding too many wrong results since sometimes other words have the same combination of 3 characters in them. With 4 its getting more and more unlikely to find these wrong results too much.

The suggestion with Google should however help if you can't find it because of above mentioned character limitations.

Wolfseye

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942