Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Updating to 4.2 Rate Topic: -----

Download problem

#1 User is offline   michaud Icon

• Account: michaud

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

I've played the game so far with 4.1 but decided to update. I downloaded urban terror 4.2 but when i open the game it still is on 4.1. HELP??

#2 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

UrTUpdater, despite its name, does not update your 4.1(.1) installation — and you should never even attempt this, 4.2 is a new incompatible version. The updater only downloads and maintains 4.2.

…assuming you did download the updater, not the full package. What exactly did you do? Did you even run the updater? Both the full package and the updater try to keep people from installing 4.2 over 4.1 by having UrbanTerror42 as the top-level folder — can you find this folder anywhere? If yes, you should have 4.2 installed and ready (there’s always the chance of updater failing to access the files on urtinfo CDN), the only thing to keep in mind is the game binary is named Quake3-UrT in 4.2, not ioUrbanTerror. (And no, clicking on your 4.1 shortcut does not magically start 4.2, no matter what.)

The are other possibilities — you may have unpacked the updater without the folder, resulting in, say, your desktop being littered with the game files, but I’m going to stop now and wait for your response:-P
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942