• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Better Glock 18 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

In my opinion the Glock 18 could use a buff.

1. Give the glock more damage on headshots, only 60 headshot damage on no helmet is kind of pathetic id up that to atleast 70 and 50 on with helmet.

2. Since its a Glock 18 it should have Automatic firing mode too like in reallife. Maybe give it alot of spread so its really just usefull in close quaters.

Also i find the sound that it makes (unsilenced) is terrible could use some work on that too.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#2 User is offline   Small-Killer Icon

• Account: smallkiller
  • Main tag:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I like Glock fast good damage enought bullets but there is only one thing
"60 headshot damage on no helmet"

"Automatic firing mode"
hmm funny i will have 3 automatic weapons :D

+BUG:
I wanted to try Glock damage and than i realized than give all/weapons will not add GLOCK .. damn :D
Add new and fun elements, and they will love you.
Delete old and good things, and they will hate you.

#3 User is offline   r00t Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Anticheat Developer
  • Account: r00t

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

View Postsmallkiller, on 22 December 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

+BUG:
I wanted to try Glock damage and than i realized than give all/weapons will not add GLOCK .. damn :D

We are aware of this minor bug, will be fixed in next version.

#4 User is offline   Small-Killer Icon

• Account: smallkiller
  • Main tag:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

+Also Baretta that have lower damage will kill player on HeadShot (no helmet) ....
So that is unfair for glock. :)
Add new and fun elements, and they will love you.
Delete old and good things, and they will hate you.

#5 User is offline   Zwiebi Icon

• Account: zwiebi
  • Main tag: )O,O(

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

I agree, that the Glock could use some buffing. Right now, it is a bit different Beretta. Everyone is using the DE, because it can save you in situations where no other weapon can. It has the capability to kill with a double tap in most cases. Double helmet, double torso, helmet+kevlar, helmet+torso, double kevlar if the enemy got hit just a single time before, and then we haven't even started to talk about enemies with low health...
With the Glock and the Beretta, you still need 3 helmet (and in the case of the Glock, double headshot) shots or 5 kevlar hits to kill someone which is unrealistic in most situations. You have to be really lucky to get 5 kevlars in a row and even if you can do this, the enemy is still shooting at you with a probably much more powerful weapon.
Right now, the Glock is a really nice weapon to finish off enemies on publics if you run out of ammo from your main gun, but this is all it is good for.
I think I saw the Beretta once in a fragmovie. Other than that I never saw it being used in a proper competitive match, and given that the Glock has the the same capability (number of required hits to kill someone), I don't think it will be a popular weapon.

If I could recommend damage output changes (and I understand, that this should be a different weapon than the DE):

100 head / 50 helmet / 42 torso / 25 kevlar / 16 legs-arms.

1 kill headshot is obvious.

Double helmet works.

4 kevlar hits is still not as ideal as with the DE (3), but this is supposed to be a different gun. Still tho, 4 is possible to make.

3 torso hits to kill, is again, only 1 hit more than with DE. However you still need 3 hits to kill an enemy who dropped the kevlar to run to a medic, and now is at 90% without kevlar. (So the Glock wouldn't be too powerful). (Double torso + arm/leg works too if the enemy is not wearing a kevlar.)

Kevlar-kevlar-helmet is a nice combination, that would work now. Still not easy do get this combination with a pistol, but at least it is possible unlike 3 kevlar + 1 helmet with the current settings.

Also: 3 leg/arm shot with mine gives you 48% damage. So 2 kevlar and 3 legshot is a bleedout kill, but not an instant kill. Same with 3 leg/arm and a helmet shot. This would be nice, because even tho it is a kill (same damage as 1 torso shot from the PSG), but it still gives a chance for example a sniper to get 1 shot off (or to shoot back with a DE :-) ).

Of course these are only my suggestions, but hey, if it only helps a little, it was already useful to write this post. :-)

This post has been edited by Zwiebi: 22 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

glock is perfectly balanced- right between beretta and DE, i would not even think about touching it.
it is not designed to replace DE with auto mode.

and if you don't like it- don't use it.
<sXe>

#7 User is offline   Zwiebi Icon

• Account: zwiebi
  • Main tag: )O,O(

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

OK, just to make some more stats about balance.

Number of hits to kill an opponent with my Glock settings:

DE / Glock / Beretta

1 / 1 / 1 - Head
2 / 2 / 3 - Helmet
3 / 4 / 5 - Kevlar
2 / 3 / 4 - Torso
5 / 7 / 9 - Arms/Legs //bleedout with Beretta, but since you already need 9 shots (long time), it's an "instant" kill

7 / 12 / 15 - Ammo cap. 11 would be a middle ground, but maybe 10 would be better, to nerf it down a bit. Would require some testing.

With current settings:

DE / Glock / Beretta

1 / 2 / 1 - Head
2 / 3 / 3 - Helmet
3 / 5 / 5 - Kevlar
2 / 3.5 / 4 - Torso //only bleedout with Glock
5 / 7 / 9 - Arms/Legs //bleedout with Beretta

So yes, in case if you only shoot at unarmored opponents or you only make leg/arm shots, than it is a bit better than the Beretta. If you are shooting at proper opponents (firing back at you, wearing a kevlar...), than not. Damage output is better (except for headshot), but it doesn't really make a difference (I know it does with injured opponents, but that is a very tiny, limited difference), so I don't see that perfect balance right between the DE and the Beretta you are talking about.
Also: burst mode: show me someone, who is using the UMP spam mode. And that is actually much more powerful.

Of course, number of required bullets are not everything, this is why I wrote the hit combinations in my previous post.

This post has been edited by Zwiebi: 22 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

#8 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I thought they updated Abbey, i heard a woodpecker.

Appears to be some glock -)

#9 User is offline   Reflux Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: reflux
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Glock 18C or 19?

Sry, the suppressor you sent me for my weapon doesn't fit my 9mm Luger. It was made for a 45cal.

Posted Image

-Reflux

This post has been edited by Reflux: 22 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

#10 User is offline   2.f4 Icon

• Account: 2f4

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

2 minor things about glock
I played about 1 hour mainly with glock, and didn't noticed alternative frag message.
wating time between bursts could be bit shorter. (now it looks like UMP spam copy-paste)
made by: google translator and common sense

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942