• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

F.E.A.R 3 Frustrations Rate Topic: -----

>:[

#1 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

So I bought Fear 3 off from Origin because it was only 4.90€, you cant go wrong with that, duh !

First 2 missions are just pure run n gun action, granted it is my escape from my containment chamber/prison but c'mon, good 45 minutes into the game and only 1 "kinda creepy" moment :mellow:

Though the game is more difficult than I expected, I give them that.

Now we get to the main problem(s).
All I can see is some random humanoid running around or lame clouds of magical dust floating around, hell maybe few flying boxes.
I would be little more motivated to play if graphics would be actualy good and properly optimized since Im getting crazy FPS drops from 60 to 30 with laughable GPU usage. To me, graphics are very important for a horror game. I could almost go as far as saying FEAR 2 Demo on PS3 looked better than FEAR 3's PC version maxed out.

---On a positive note, shooting action feels pretty satisfying---

*at this point I totaly snap and google around for any possible tweaks*
Well, I go on and find that you can change FOV... From limited range of 65-85... And realize that its not even Vertical FOV* like some modern games are using (like Crysis series), its Horizontal FOV like in UrT.

*V FOV causes much more change in your FOV than Horizontal so number scale doesnt have to be so huge

FOV must be the biggest problem why none of the jump scares work. Im running around chechking for any collectable content just to hear sound indication that some scare event has been activated but out of my sight.... Because I already passed that spot when Im furiously swipping around to see something :mad:

I have missed over half of the scares already and half of what I have seen are ones that they push down my throat.

Not only that but I got motion sickness after 1 hour of playing (which is rare, I dont usualy get sick over narrov FOV. I play alot of games on PS3 too).

*@!# this game
Posted Image

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#2 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

:laugh:
best things in life are free

#4 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

View Postv3nd3tta, on 28 January 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

i loved it, dunno why you aren't.
Every Scare in the Hospital was awesome to me,
the best ones were in the Shopping Center (i almost shit my pants at the ladder)
I got it for 5 bucks with the CD but yeah... alongside with Stalker which was 10 bucks.
Don't think it was worth the Full Price of 50€ which was at launch but 5 was okay for me.

I Think it's not "F.E.A.R." anymore, it's commerce.

And I think for a real good Horror Game you need the Occulus Rift Glasses and good Headphones.

Because I feel nausea and frustration for not being able to see any of these "scares"

The only thing I can actualy say was pretty sudden and creepy was in the first stage when I pulled the lever and alma apeared to the window. That worked because that stage was essentialy action packed escape and I didnt expect so short and sudden event, it made me hopefull.

Second time I almost got an heartattack was when some random zombie-human creep-bro jumped up from the ground right in front of me but that has happened in many other non-horror games before.

Not even the apartmen stage seem to be scary. I thought it had potential but it ended up getting twist shooter minigame just purely because of the number of enemies they are unleashing.

Shopping centre was stupid, a prime example of what I mean with "too narrov FOV"
Okay, this is how it went. I grab a handgun, check all corners for any items, go foward only to hear some noises and see candles drop in front of me. First thing I thought was that someone got turned into bunch of sausages but then I found the magic of spongy rubber candles and started knife-throwing/slashing them.

I go through some random boxes and catwalks and get to the electronics, before that though I heard many different sounds but never saw anything because I was always looking in the wrong way.
So, humanoid thingy keeps flashing in TV screens, jumping around and in one instance apears in front of me. I jump down to the "TV arena" and see bunch of zombie bros knock down few TVs, I felt like they would start doing thriller dance.

Rest was pretty much shooting.

Its all either "go foward, boo" or some really well hidden scares that you cant even see.

I think Im gonna give it a try again and sit farther away from my monitor and plug my gamepad in (with very low sensitivy) just to make sure I move extremely slowly and cant aim for shit.

~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#5 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

View Postthewonderboy, on 29 January 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I think Im gonna give it a try again and sit farther away from my monitor and plug my gamepad in (with very low sensitivy) just to make sure I move extremely slowly and cant aim for shit.

LMAO just read a book

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 29 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

LMAO just read a book

I have still one book unfinished which I started reading 2 years ago.

Its only like 340 pages... Maybe less and it is pretty good book.

For Xmass, I received +600 page book.

I still have many other (untouched) books in my closet

Books arent my thing :I

~OOM91

~IIL_NODERUS

#7 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

View Postthewonderboy, on 30 January 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Books arent my thing :I

I read you .. imho they are freaking slow .. 340 pages lol in that case I would forgot what is the freaking title not to mention intro :laugh:

p.s. I don't think anything bad about book and reading .. bien au contraire .. in history book where only media .. unfortunately consumed only by privilege group of ppl that knew how to read :sleep:

This post has been edited by MASSmurderER: 30 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

#8 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostMASSmurderER, on 30 January 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

I read you .. imho they are freaking slow .. 340 pages lol in that case I would forgot what is the freaking title not to mention intro :laugh:

In many cases, my memory is excelent and this book is not an exception, I still remember nearly every event and their correct order in the book though I dont remember any names or what was the tittle (which is very common for me).

Everything has already been revealed, now its all about the strugle "who lives, who dies"

~OOM91

~IIL_NODERUS

#9 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'm not saying memory is something I'm proud of but I get the feeling that mega useless pile of irrelevant data are put there just to fill in the material .. not the matter

View Postthewonderboy, on 30 January 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

now its all about the strugle "who lives, who dies"

fact of life (nature)

.. now you said it .. I respect art and writer work but I could easily pass with that simple line or two and brainstorm without reading so much words .. I want to say I prefer progress then final act of it ... that in the end ... now I write to much ... you get me .. I lost the meaning just babbling :sleep:

This post has been edited by MASSmurderER: 01 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

#10 User is offline   grrrvahrrr Icon

• Account: grrrvahrrr

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

i also recently played Fear 3 and it was... intersting..

made a short video about my experience -

http://youtu.be/JxXtUJfK4f4

Check it out – I hope you enjoy it)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942