Urban Terror Forums: [SOLVED] GTKRadiant and memory issues - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[SOLVED] GTKRadiant and memory issues Rate Topic: -----

Memory isn't being used to its capacity

#1 User is offline   jackass Icon

• Account: jackass

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

This isn't a UrT question, but I figured that someone here would have an answer.

While compiling, I have to set the -lomem stuff in order to get it to not come to an "Unable to allocate 14 billion bytes" error.

Ok, it's more like 221Meg.

Watching my memory usage, it gets to the max that it can, winds up to 0 free. Four core CPU pegged x 4 at 100% for about 15 minutes.

I have gone through and made everything detail that I can.

I went and bought 8 more Gig of RAM to bring my machine up to 12Gig running Windows 7 (don't laugh) and Radiant still only uses 3.2Gig. Unfortunately, Linux isn't an option right now.

Is this is a 32bit limitation.? If so, is there a 64bit Radiant? Is there another way to solve this?

TIA,

Jackass

#2 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hi, I think the tools you're referring to are not GtkRadiant itself but rather the q3map2 tools, isn't it? If you search for q3map2 64bit on google you maybe can find some hints; cheers.

#3 User is offline   jackass Icon

• Account: jackass

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

View Postrfx, on 20 February 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

Hi, I think the tools you're referring to are not GtkRadiant itself but rather the q3map2 tools, isn't it? If you search for q3map2 64bit on google you maybe can find some hints; cheers.

Dude, you rock. You are right. Radiant is just the editor, I needed a 64bit q3map2 and found it at http://forums.xonoti...ad.php?tid=2101

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Edit: The ultimate solution was to use a VMWare Debian to compile, designing in it needs a faster computer than I've got. Funny thing is that the VMWare Linux is alotted 8 Gig, but it never uses more than 1.7 Gig with much faster compile times.

This post has been edited by jackass: 21 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942