Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

updater crashes osx 10.8.3 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

hello,

so i got rid of all my prior 4.2.x files to get a clean install... i was able to download the updater

(on a side note: i think you should add the usual osx info: "move the app file to your hard drive so you can run the program, running it from the mounted file doesn't work" ... could be helpful for all osx beginners, like myself:)

i started the updater, accepted the license agreement and the updater claimed to start the download but after a few brief moments this message popped up:

Could not download the files. Please check your internet connection.
You can ask for help on the official website: www.urbanterror.info

my connection is fine as i am able to post this thread on the forum ...

any ideas?

cheers

karl

-----
lol
after i annoyed the s*** out of the updater (opening and crashing it about 20 times) the thingy started working after all .. the internet's strange ways

-----

okay updater is working for me ...
one more comment though: the updater didn't create a new directory but put all the files in my applications folder, that's were the updater was located if i remember correctly so the q4ut4 and the different exe/ app etc. files were scattered all over the place... i guess it would be an improvement to get the updater to automatically create a urt 4.2 directory and move all the files in there

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 23 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942