Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Glass Color Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Blake Icon

• Account: blake

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

I have a simple glass shader. The problem I have with it is that because I'm using the austria skybox which is emitting a shade of yellow light, the glass becomes blue, and this isn't what I want. I would like to either decrease the saturation of the blue or get rid of the color completely and just have it grey. So, is there a way to alter the color or have the shader treat the skybox light as white or something of the like?

Here's my shader in case you wanted to see it. The rgbgen const that I have commented out is what I was messing around with to see if that had an effect, but it seems to only affect the lightness/darkness and not the hue.

textures/000-blake/b_glass
{
	qer_editorimage textures/000-blake/b_glass.tga
	qer_trans 0.5
	surfaceparm trans       
	cull none
	{
		map textures/000-blake/b_glass.tga
		blendfunc add
		tcgen environment
		//rgbgen const ( 0.2 0.2 0.2 )
	}
}

#2 User is offline   DagF Icon

• Account: dagf
  • Main tag: |TNC|

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Is the b_glass colored blue?

There is a few glass shaders here aswell: http://www.custommap...org/shaders.php

the rgbgen constants should affect the color. It's the rgb values so if you try to change the b value and see what happends.

#3 User is offline   Blake Icon

• Account: blake

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

Ohhh, I never actually realised that the three values for rgbgen const were actually red, green and blue... lol. I should be able to get what I want now. Thanks mate.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942