Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spawn random weapons in map Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

• Account: argusmagnus

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hello

Is it possible, to set a weapon/item-spawnpoint which will randomly choose which weapon/item to spawn? I found no such entity here, so I figure it doesnt exists.. does anyone know a way to achieve what I want to do?
Experimental Map Manager for Urban Terror and other Quake 3 based games: ArgUrTMapManager
Fractal Image Calculator: Fraktalysator

#3 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Nope, there is not something like math.random() for urt. But you might should take a look at spawning bots with random selected weapons (with random spawn spots). After spawning you kill the bots immediately what causes them to drop their (random) weapons. But of course this only works for competitive levels.
~ Cheers

xF.

#4 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I wanted to place chests in various places in my map, which could be opened and contain random weapons/items, so the idea does not work for me. But its not really necessairy anyway. Thanks for your replies.
Experimental Map Manager for Urban Terror and other Quake 3 based games: ArgUrTMapManager

#5 User is offline   ValkoVer Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: valkover

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Of course, it is possible: http://gotdelirium.c...articles_3.html

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Either I overread something in this articel or you did in my question. Could you point out to me, where this articel shows how to spawn random weapons/itms?

#7 User is offline   J.English Icon

• Account: jenglish
  • Main tag: [SnP]

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

The way you can make it random is by using a target_relay. This has a RANDOM spawnflag which DOES work as I am using it for my next deathrun map I'm making to randomly trigger one of the 3 traps. So set your trigger (whether be a button or trigger_multiple etc) to target the target_relay with the random spawnflag which you then point to all of the weapons you want it to be able to choose from. From then if the user presses the button it would select the lr300, then next person presses it, it might select the m4.
Really simple :)

Here I made one for you :)
http://www.mediafire...7xjpsf9d517i1te

This post has been edited by J.English: 02 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

#8 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

yay, thanks :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942