Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

binds how to Rate Topic: -----

can binds be used in 4.2

#1 User is offline   Acerunner Icon

• Account: acerunner

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

Do you put the binds in the auto-ex sample in the 3q folder and are they put in the same as 4.1 and can i copy and pate them from 4.1. I have tried it and they will not work can some one give me some help Thanks
acerunner

#2 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

Binds and scripts from 4.1 work just fine in 4.2 (couple of things do behave differently from 4.1 right now, but these are subtle issues, nowhere near “doesn’t work at all”).

Considering that you called the autoexec.cfg “auto-ex sample”, have you just downloaded 4.2 for the first time and pasted your binds/scripts in the autoexec_example.cfg that comes with it? This file won’t get executed unless you rename it to autoexec.cfg (same goes for the server_example.cfg and mapcycle_example.txt, for those who are running a server).
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#3 User is offline   Acerunner Icon

• Account: acerunner

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 29 March 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

Binds and scripts from 4.1 work just fine in 4.2 (couple of things do behave differently from 4.1 right now, but these are subtle issues, nowhere near “doesn’t work at all”).

Considering that you called the autoexec.cfg “auto-ex sample”, have you just downloaded 4.2 for the first time and pasted your binds/scripts in the autoexec_example.cfg that comes with it? This file won’t get executed unless you rename it to autoexec.cfg (same goes for the server_example.cfg and mapcycle_example.txt, for those who are running a server).

Thanks now I know why it does not work makes sense now Again thanks so much
Acerunner

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942