Urban Terror Forums: Ramdrive does not decrease load times. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ramdrive does not decrease load times. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JerryBeansMan Icon

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

So I copied my install dir to a ramdrive, just for fun. Oddly, the load times don't seem at all accelerated.

I'm just curious why not. What is the bottleneck? Copying the entire installation to the ramdrive took /less/ time than loading a single map does.
Jerry, a bean soldier, believes he is the strongest warrior in the world, but his true abilities are still untested.

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postjerrybeansman, on 03 April 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

So I copied my install dir to a ramdrive, just for fun. Oddly, the load times don't seem at all accelerated.

I'm just curious why not. What is the bottleneck? Copying the entire installation to the ramdrive took /less/ time than loading a single map does.

most likely because you are waiting for the server to load the map rather than your computer. at least thats my guess
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#4 User is offline   JerryBeansMan Icon

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Already running a OCZ vertex 3 240gb (got it on sale for 135$ - yes!).

What exactly is the CPU doing? I guess that's what I'm asking, here.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Jerry, B

This post has been edited by jerrybeansman: 03 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

Jerry, a bean soldier, believes he is the strongest warrior in the world, but his true abilities are still untested.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942