Urban Terror Forums: •6800 Ultra and I still show average of 90 FPS? DOH! - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

•6800 Ultra and I still show average of 90 FPS? DOH! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   WaySlow (old) Icon

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:43 AM

Err.....Doh, here is me being an idiot but why does my little FPS meter in game still show the same average of 90 as it did with the OEM ATI card? Was I supposed to blow out my .cfg after istalling the Ultra? I can visually see much better clerity, definition and shadowing, but I hear tell of people getting in the hundreds..... or I was perhaps not paying attention..... again....lol.

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:04 AM

do you actually have your fps limited via com_maxfps? if the answer is no, then do that (set it to a neat number where fps are still stable, eg 125). if the answer is yes, might it be set to 90?

#3 User is offline   WaySlow (old) Icon

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:19 AM

[quote name='"HoboHumpinSlut"]do you actually have your fps limited via com_maxfps? if the answer is no' date=' then do that (set it to a neat number where fps are still stable, eg 125). if the answer is yes, might it be set to 90?[/quote']

Well I did not have a setting that I could find (testing in consol and in my .cfg). However, I manually tossed my old .cfg and set the com_maxfps in the clean one (as you suggested), but to 300.

Now depending on the section of the map is averages 160-300.

I don't see much visual difference between 100 and 300, what do recommend I cap it at (or not)?

#4 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:20 PM

do you actually have your fps limited via com_maxfps? if the answer is no' date=' then do that (set it to a neat number where fps are still stable, eg 125). if the answer is yes, might it be set to 90?[/quote']

Well I did not have a setting that I could find (testing in consol and in my .cfg). However, I manually tossed my old .cfg and set the com_maxfps in the clean one (as you suggested), but to 300.

Now depending on the section of the map is averages 160-300.

I don't see much visual difference between 100 and 300, what do recommend I cap it at (or not)?

cap at 125...that is more than enough and your fps will be damn stable. (ie probably not going below it, except on maps like lameway2 maybe)

edit: well, actually cap it at your monitors refresh rate (r_displayrefresh)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942