Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

exec a flie at start of new map Rate Topic: -----

how to

#1 User is offline   michiganman Icon

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hi i run bots in my servers. is there a way to execute my bot.cfg through my map rotation . for example if a maps up that dosnt support bots and it changes to a map that does, can i set it to execute my bot.cfg to reload them into the server?

#2 User is offline   swampfox Icon

• Account: swampfox
  • Main tag: 404|

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

If you don't really mind having random bots in your server, you can use bot_minplayers "x" and change x to the number of bots/player combination you'd like to have in your server at all times. Otherwise edit your map cycle to be like this

ut4_mapname
exec bot.cfg
ut4_mapname
exec bot.cfg

that should load the bots into the map upon cycle.
Hope is the pillar that holds up the world. Hope is the dream of a waking man.
It is a rough road that leads to the height of greatness.
Doubt whomever you want, but never doubt yourself.

#3 User is offline   michiganman Icon

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

View Postswampfox, on 23 April 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

If you don't really mind having random bots in your server, you can use bot_minplayers "x" and change x to the number of bots/player combination you'd like to have in your server at all times. Otherwise edit your map cycle to be like this

ut4_mapname
exec bot.cfg
ut4_mapname
exec bot.cfg

well thankyou . yes i figured out the min bots yesterday but i realy dont care for those bots seeing as the skill levels are random and seem mostly low . i do like how that works though replacing players with the bots when they leave. if your map cycle works is there a way to kick the old bots in there before it executes lol. or every map change it would add more bots. or better yet is there a way that i can set minbot to execute the bots from my bot.cgf . that would be the best option. thanks again for your help..

#4 User is offline   michiganman Icon

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

View Postswampfox, on 23 April 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

ut4_mapname
exec bot.cfg
ut4_mapname
exec bot.cfg

yea the map cycle idea didnt work . have to find a way to make the bot_minplayers execute from my bot text instead of theres.

#5 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

• Account: argusmagnus

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

you can put "kick allbots" atop your bot.cfg-content. That would kick all bots before adding the new ones.

In a solution where one could customize the bots used by bot_minplayers I would be interested too.
Experimental Map Manager for Urban Terror and other Quake 3 based games: ArgUrTMapManager
Fractal Image Calculator: Fraktalysator

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   michiganman Icon

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostArgusMagnus, on 24 April 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

you can put "kick allbots" atop your bot.cfg-content. That would kick all bots before adding the new ones.

In a solution where one could customize the bots used by bot_minplayers I would be interested too.

do you know how i can get my bot.cfg to execute every map by chance then. i tried what the other person said and it did nothing. i rent a server through gameserver.com so im limited somewhat.

#7 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

• Account: argusmagnus

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

oh sorry, I overread the "mapcycle-thing does not work"-line.
No, I dont know either..
Experimental Map Manager for Urban Terror and other Quake 3 based games: ArgUrTMapManager
Fractal Image Calculator: Fraktalysator

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942