Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Random FPS drops Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   xernicus Icon

• Account: xernicus

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

I feel awful that my first post on the forums is to beg for help about a problem.
Anyways, I'm having this interesting issue where my FPS will be as high as 95-120, and then it'll just drop like a rock. Even when there's nobody around. And it's not caused by grenades or smoke. Often when I get into firefights it will drop down to 20fps, and of course when I respawn (from dying because my FPS count is so low) I'll be back up at around 100fps again.

Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 620 (2.6 ghz Quad-core)
RAM: 8 GB DDR2, non ECC
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6570 (2gb DDR3)
HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM through a SATA II interface (and no, it is surprisingly not failing yet).

I honestly can't remember if I've played UrT since I got my new graphics card, but I know that using my old POS 4550, the framerates never dropped like they do now. Perhaps I'm just using too new of hardware now? :P

Anyways, I'm looking forward to any suggestions that you all might have. I'm downloading the 4.2 update as I type this.

A few things that I haven't tried yet (that I probably should):
Changing CPU affinity
Adding UrT to custom 3d application settings list using VISION control panel (not sure if this will help...?)

Anyways, thanks again! :biggrin:
~Xern

I just realized that I posted this in the 4.2 forums. Whoops. I'm going to post this in the 4.1 forums, would someone mind deleting this?

This post has been edited by xernicus: 25 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942