• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cant put UrT 4.2 to Desktop Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cali123 Icon

• Account: cali123
  • Main tag: [CuW]

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Okay.
First i installed the updater but i had a wrong auth key.
At the next day (today) i installed the full version actually it runs but i want to get it to the desktop because when i close it i have to unpack it and that takes more than 10 minutes, so my question is: how i get Quake3-UrT to the Desktop?
Help please :(

i have windows xp

This post has been edited by cali123: 30 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

#2 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

You mean you’re running the game without extracting it, opening the ZIP in the Explorer and then waiting ten minutes for the files after you’ve double-clicked on the EXE? (I’ve never used any such (mis)features myself so it’s kinda “think I’ve read somewhere it’s possible” situation here.)

To extract a ZIP, you generally need some kind of archival software — didn’t XP come with WinRAR installed and set as the default application for ZIP files? Anyway, if you can’t see “extract” or “unpack” some such option in the menu when you right-click on the ZIP, you should be able to just open the ZIP as you’ve done so far, copy the UrbanTerror42 folder, and paste it on your desktop — the game will be unpacked once and for all.

Alternatively, you can install a dedicated archiver — 7-Zip is a good choice.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942