• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Optimized builds for Mac? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#11 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

oh great thanks...

will give it a try tomorrow ..

wanted to ask you to pm the compile explanation ... since i'd like to understand how something like that goes down : )

big thank you for the copy paste option for mac ...

--
nitro

the only issue i was aware of was the option to turn off ambient sounds...
i am only interested in getting a decent client .. something like voidref's/florix's build for 4.1.1 ...
the current 4.2. mac build is still an offense to all those players running urt on macs...

--

tried to download those files ... suffered an error ...

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 04 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#12 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

I am not saying you cannot download it, I am simply giving you a heads up that if you play with those "additional options" enabled it may be seen as an unfair advantage / cheat.

If someone is spectating you and sees that you are able to do scripts that would normally incur a freeze then they may assume you are using a hack. Don't get me wrong I like the /delay option however for it to be fair it should be submitted to FS developers and if they add it then we can use it safely without being accused of cheating. I personally only use options/cvars that are built into the main client to avoid such problems.

It is also my opinion that if such clients can easily be made that allow things like sounds to be disabled then something should be done about it, either allow it globally as part of the game or find a way to prevent custom clients from gaining the advantage.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#13 User is offline   BullDozer Icon

• Account: bulldozer

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

I'm willing to help you test it out but your download link doesn't work. All I get is that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
I will only test it out in a pcw at this point but we have some UZ admins in our team and I'll talk to them to see what their view is of using this client in league play.
Personally I am so sick and tired of the missing copy paste support on The Mac and will be a happy camper indeed if that issue can be resolved.

#14 User is offline   roygbiv Icon

• Account: roygbiv

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

View Postbulldozer, on 05 August 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

I'm willing to help you test it out but your download link doesn't work. All I get is that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
I will only test it out in a pcw at this point but we have some UZ admins in our team and I'll talk to them to see what their view is of using this client in league play.
Personally I am so sick and tired of the missing copy paste support on The Mac and will be a happy camper indeed if that issue can be resolved.

Copy paste support is not a problem (Clearskies found out how to do it/added it), need to use use ctrl+v because the game doesn't recognize the command key.

download

This link should work... there is a readme inside with everything that I've added so far. Please give me some input on what to add/delete and if everything works, it worked fine for me :P

This post has been edited by roygbiv: 05 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

#15 User is offline   BullDozer Icon

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

Cool, thx. Looking forward testing it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   roygbiv Icon

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

Well shit, it's crashing now. Let me fix it...

EDIT: Welp, I'm confused. It crashed on one random server but not another. Weird, putting link back up.

This post has been edited by roygbiv: 05 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

#17 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

hey nitro,

i get that..

since i have no idea how scripts work .. or what those are supposed to be good for ... i would not be able to use the full dirty potential of a build like that...

what i am after here is performance.... the official 4.2.14 client feels bulky compared to what voidref's client in 4.1.1. was able to pull off.. playing 4.2.14 makes me a complete noob again and that is something i really do not appreciate when i know what i am capable to do with a decent client..

since roygbv took out the ambient on/off option i don't see an issue here..

cheers

karl

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 05 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#18 User is offline   BullDozer Icon

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Still waiting for a download link that actually works...

#19 User is offline   roygbiv Icon

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

does this link seriously not work? I downloaded it from that link earlier (different computer) and it worked fine...

This post has been edited by roygbiv: 05 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

#20 User is offline   BullDozer Icon

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

That link works great but that was not the link in your previous posts ;)

Just downloaded it and will start testing it out.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942