Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Texture scale messed up Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

• Account: argusmagnus

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

I have a problem. I assigned a texture to a brush, used the surface inspector to fit the texture to the face-size and it looks good in radiant. But it doesnt ingame.. see for yourselfs:
Posted Image
Does anybody know whats going on here? I did a small map (my first) two ore three months ago, where I did things the same way (as far as I remember) and it worked, so im a little confused here..

And I've got a second, shader-related, problem: I want a "grass" shader, which displays a grass-texture and allows the player to walk through. For testing, I simply made a cross with two brushes, applied my grass shader to the four large faces and the nodraw shader to the other ones. Apart from the problem above, which i have with most textures in that map (well not a map, just a small testing room) not just on one brush, it looks "good", but the player is blocked by the grass..
The surfaceparms are identical with the ones specified in the nodraw-shader, through which I can walk in-game, except for "surfaceparm nodraw" and "surfaceparm nolightmap". So I really dont unterstand why this isnt working.
Here's my shader, can someone tell me what wrong with it?

textures/minecraft_blocks/tallgrass
{
surfaceparm nonsolid
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm trans
qer_editorimage textures/minecraft_blocks/tallgrass.png
{
map textures/minecraft_blocks/tallgrass.png
blendFunc blend
}
}

Note: Im really just beginning to understand this shader-thing and mapping in general. I read through a lot already, but I would really appreciate some help from someone who knows his way around shaders and mapping :)

This post has been edited by ArgusMagnus: 08 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Experimental Map Manager for Urban Terror and other Quake 3 based games: ArgUrTMapManager
Fractal Image Calculator: Fraktalysator

#2 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Are you sure, that .shader contain shader for this one particular texture is on shaderlist.txt?

Your main shader file should always be named as your map: ut4_mymap.shader. You should keep it in your /scripts folder and also make sure, it's in your shaderlist.txt file, which is also in /scripts folder. You can call shaderlist.txt 'the main list of shaders'. If it is not on the main list, it will not be on the list in the GTK Radiant Level Editor.

You must understand the difference between shader file and shader. ut4_yourmap.shader file consists shaders - it might sound complicated, but mappers use term "shader" for every single one texture with special attributes. So when someone speaks about 'shader', he speaks about a particular fragment of your shader file.

Source

I have this problem if compilator of map does not have .shader on shaderlist.txt during compilation.

#3 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

hmm, yeah, im sure the shader-file is listed in shaderlist.txt.. Is the part about naming the shader-file the same as my map important? Because I did not do that. Tried it now, but didnt resolve my issue.
You are replying to my second questoin, correct? Because the first problem I described doesnt even use a shader, its just a simple texture (png-image).

edit: I just noticed that the grass-shader is found and compiled, since the transparency works.

This post has been edited by ArgusMagnus: 08 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Experimental Map Manager for Urban Terror and other Quake 3 based games: ArgUrTMapManager

#4 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

the textures are rendered exactly 16 times smaller than they should (both width and height 4 times smaller). I really have no clue what's going on.. I tried chaning the resolution of the image (from 96p/inch to 24), saving the texture as jpg instead of png, nothing worked. The face is 40x40 units in radiant, the texture 256x256, radiant sets HScale/VScale to 0.1563 (ca. = 40/256) when I hit "Fit" in the surface-inspector-window. If I manually set HScale/VScale to 0.625 (= 4*40/256), the texture is rendered correctly in game, but appears zoomed in Radiant. Something is definitivly wrong..

This post has been edited by ArgusMagnus: 08 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

#5 User is offline   ArgusMagnus Icon

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

okey, I solved my issues. Apperently my installation was not 100% clean. I switched the enginepath once. One line (<epair name="LastProject">OldPath/scripts/user2.proj</epair>) in the local.pref file still referenced to the old folder. Because of that the old shaderlist.txt was loaded and everything was messed up.. Simply deleting that line in local.pref solved the issue.

This post has been edited by ArgusMagnus: 08 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942