Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrTUpdater Issue, please help! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   razz Icon

• Account: razz

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

So I had the urge to play UrT today and I did not play it since before the Updater and all this register stuff, so I was pretty overwhelmed by all this, but managed to get it going and now it seems that the Updater won't start the game.
I click on the PLAY! button, the one in the updater, and nothing happens. No error message, no error sound, nothing, just nothing.
I have downloaded the game, but I don't know where the files are so I can't find out if I downloaded everything. I wish I could just download a .exe file of the game and start that... Do my UrbanTerror42(1) or q3ut4(2) folder have to be placed anywhere? I have the (1) on my desktop and the (2) inside (1).
I would appreciate any reply to my problem and sorry if I posted anything stupid, because I am not the most intelligent person when I have to deal with something that has to do with software :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by razz: 19 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

#3 User is offline   razz Icon

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostMarkinho, on 19 May 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

Urban terror folder, with q3ut4 inside, can be pretty much anywhere you want (you are on windows, right?)
In q3ut4 there should be zUrT42 paks from 0001 to 0021 and a qvm
If so, you can start the game from the executable in the main urban terror (Quake3-UrT.exe) folder and avoid going through the updater every time

I am on win8.
What is that main folder? I only have the UrbanTerror42 folder with the q3ut4 inside and ,in there, the paks and qvm files...
I don't have this executable.

This post has been edited by razz: 20 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

#5 User is offline   razz Icon

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostMarkinho, on 20 May 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

If nothing works you can download the FULL ZIP

I will do that! Thanks

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942