Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut_mastermind -- Coming Soon (again) Rate Topic: -----

#11 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:49 PM

Of course mirrored on the brand new-remastered [AoW] Site. ;)

Click to download

Its also in the actual [AoW] Mapcycle of this week. More Details you´ll find here...

http://www.act-of-wa...t.php?content.4

Nice Map, Squady. ;)

Wolfseye

#12 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:32 PM

This map is also available for download from the Urban Terror Map Depot.

Mastermind by =BAND=Squad Leader

I have also written up a review on the level, including 6 screenshots.

Mastermind Review by MidgetKiller

#13 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:30 AM

Defintiely a good looking map. You created a great atmosphere with this one.

Just some criticism (because I love ;)).

The hallways are a little too long. In some places it would be very hard to get by with the flag.

It would be very hard to escape with the enemy flag right after taking it. Just a couple of spots to leave the base with, and these lead into long hallways.

The spawn rooms are gigantic. While the respawn delay could be lowered tlo make up for it, the player will waste his stamina by using it up in the spawn room instead of the map.

Also, would it be possible to take the enemy flag back into your own spawn room?

Great job on the map, though. Very well made and it looks like it will have even better gameplay in bomb. Thank you for putting in the bot paths!

#14 Guest_=BAND=Squad Leader

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:38 AM

Valid points, all. The hallways are too long, you're right. I tried to make them bend enough to give a little cover.

I've found in playing it that it's very possible to take the flag, due to those gigantic spawn rooms. I did that on purpose, because one of my huge pet peeves is spawns that are basically on top of the flag. Time will tell if taking the opposite extreme was a good move.

It is not possible to take the enemy flag back into your spawn room. There are 2 sentries in each spawn, and nodrop texture on the ground.

The map was made with CTF in mind, but the more I see it played, the more I realize how well it would play in bomb. I think it'd be a good C+H map as well, but I didn't want to take the time to put good flag placements when no one will play it.

Thanks for the comments, and I'm glad you like it.

#15 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:13 AM

I really like the idea and after playing it a bit I find it fast playing. It's pretty smooth but it could go for some more advanced textures. Like doom 3 ish. There was a quake 3 map that had a doom 3 feel to it but it killed framerates. Just an idea. You got the flow down pretty well so why not advance the textures?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942