• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1up Ending 4.1 and 4.1.1 Support Rate Topic: -----

Ending Support sometime between June 30, 2013 - July 4, 2013

#11 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

disagree, you can't make those "cvars" unlocked for every gametype, it's not a standard FS used to keep. that is why you only get nostamina, nodamage or maxwalljumps only in JM. And that is why making above mentioned mods would be only possible in a new "custom" gametype without ruining the other gametypes that would lightly become semi-custom modes (zombie-ctf?) that could make more damage to newcomers (as the wouldnt undterstand why servers behave so differently) than profit for the older players.

the other problem would be that zombie mode should be played at least with 16+ players, to do so on 4.2 would mean making zombie bots just to have something to start with. with all the sympathy and fun i had playing Z9 zombie mod, i'm quite skeptical this would work here at this moment.
<sXe>

#12 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostRonaldlee, on 03 June 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

sv_redteamweps (list of allowed weapons)
sv_blueteamweps (list of allowed weapons)

Only those 2 commands are actually needed. The other ones are either already there or not necessary.

You could argument on the fact the damage changes is important. Then what I suggest would just have a health modification rather than a damge one.
g_extrahealth 1 would grant 5 times more health to red team (the default zmb team) or something like that. Or have the command specific to the team g_redextrahealth, g_blueextrahealth.. or health specific with argument being a health mutiplier 1 = normal, 2 = double health, 3=tripple.. etc.

@n1n, you can have zombie to be an extra mode based on TS and having the possibility to modify cg_walljumps an cg_nodamage in it also and it would be just fine.

This post has been edited by Biddle: 04 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

#13 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

The bottom line is that if the dev team adds in the cvars I suggested, then server admins will be able to decide how to implement their view of zombie or stamina based versions of urt. At this point we should focus on adding things that will facilitate the infusion of players on the servers. The game needs players now. I know there is a crowd of people who resist changes to the game, but we are not going to lose tdm, ts or the gametypes we have played here --instead we will gain gametypes that other people want, that will attract players to urt. Anyway, I am working on the transition of my 4.1 and 4.1.1 servers to 4.2, as I wrote in this initial post. I could do my own stamina thing in the binary and still have some great features, but I am not going to dump money into zombie again unless no progress is made towards it by the dev team.

This post has been edited by Ronaldlee: 06 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

#14 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

There is no need "do your thing" in the binary, unlimited stamina is already avaible, since more than half a year!
Just set "g_nostamina" to 1.

This post has been edited by Biddle: 04 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

#15 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostBiddle, on 04 June 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

There is no need "do your thing" in the binary, unlimited stamina is already avaible, since more than half a year!
Just set "g_nostamina" to 1.

I certainly know that since that was coded years ago specifically for 1up. It was part of our enhancements to the jump mode, and it was built into the very first Urt "save", "load" and "goto" feature for the Urt binary.

This post has been edited by Ronaldlee: 04 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostBiddle, on 04 June 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

@n1n, you can have zombie to be an extra mode based on TS and having the possibility to modify cg_walljumps an cg_nodamage in it also and it would be just fine.
isn't it what i already suggested? g_gametype 10 ["custom"] + server name description for what kind of modification this would be [zombie, freeze tag, any other combination], but options like those jump-mode (stamina) or zombie-specific (health/damage balance) won't ever appear on regular gametypes as TS/CTF or bomb.

there was a good reason FS banned some modified servers from the master server a good while ago.
<sXe>

#17 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Okay.

1up transitioned our servers over to 4.2 today then updated them all to 4.2.013.

We have six Urt 4.2 servers now and have ended 4.1 support.

This is our way of trying to support to the work product of the Urt Dev Team.

-Ron

#18 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for your support, and great that you posted about zombie mode, as we said in the stream. This is as much your game as it is ours, your input it always welcome :)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942