Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

Windows lan server setup in 4.2 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tyrano73 Icon

• Account: tyrano73

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hi everyone !
A couple of friends and me have been trying for some time to create a lan server to play UT4.2 together on our respective computers, using a network created by one of them, like they did with Halo. The thing is, each time one of us create a server, it doesn't appear anywhere.

We don't really know how all of this works, so we just tried to follow this website's guide, but it still doesn't work, and because it isn't detailed enough and / or we don't know a thing about it. We don't, for example, find the "ioUrtDed.exe" file, or something, nor know what to do with each window / panel that appears, where is the error, ect...

So can any of you guys provide a really step by step guide on how to do it on windows, including for example the settings in the "start server" menu, and what should happen after each step ? I know i'm asking a lot here, but if some of you have the time to detail it some bit, we would be really grateful.

#2 User is offline   OneBullet Icon

• Account: onebullet
  • Main tag:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Posttyrano73, on 03 June 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Hi everyone !
A couple of friends and me have been trying for some time to create a lan server to play UT4.2 together on our respective computers, using a network created by one of them, like they did with Halo. The thing is, each time one of us create a server, it doesn't appear anywhere.

We don't really know how all of this works, so we just tried to follow this website's guide, but it still doesn't work, and because it isn't detailed enough and / or we don't know a thing about it. We don't, for example, find the "ioUrtDed.exe" file, or something, nor know what to do with each window / panel that appears, where is the error, ect...

So can any of you guys provide a really step by step guide on how to do it on windows, including for example the settings in the "start server" menu, and what should happen after each step ? I know i'm asking a lot here, but if some of you have the time to detail it some bit, we would be really grateful.

attempt to open the doors of your ruteador to 27960 then create a server on your pc using +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 128 +exec server.cfg . give ip port to your friends
http://www.urbanterr...server-install/
:biggrin:

#3 User is offline   tyrano73 Icon

• Account: tyrano73

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostOneBullet, on 04 June 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

attempt to open the doors of your ruteador to 27960 then create a server on your pc using +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 128 +exec server.cfg . give ip port to your friends
http://www.urbanterr...server-install/
:biggrin:

But do we need to do this in the ingame console, or elsewhere ?
Just saying, we have little to no understanding in how all of this works. That's why the tutorial you linked didn't work for us. Could you post some screenshots, if that is not too much to ask ?
And just in case I wasn't clear enough, we're not using any router, just an ad-hoc-like created network.

This post has been edited by tyrano73: 05 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942