Urban Terror Forums: Ladders: Only showing a solid in-game. PLEASE HELPP! - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ladders: Only showing a solid in-game. PLEASE HELPP! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   britton Icon

• Account: britton

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

FIXED! Thanks to JRandomNoob!

The only problem was that in the texture file in the q3ut4 folder in your URT mapping folder, there was another texture named the same thing. Therefore not allowing the one I added to find it's .shader file and do the thing it was supposed to. Now it's all fixed. If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me!

This post has been edited by britton: 24 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

#2 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

Solid = you see the ladderclip texture (which usually is different from the actual ladder texture) and can’t climb?

Many problems have ridiculously simple causes — are you completely sure you used the shader to texture, rather than the qer_editorimage texture? I’ve made this mistake quite a few times myself. In case you didn’t know, qer_trans controls the transparency of the texture shown in the editor, so if it’s translucent in Radiant, you’re indeed using the shader.

Another reason might be a shader conflict — you may have another textures/ut4_five_zombies/ladderclip in another .shader file that gets loaded after the correct one (everything in Quake is loaded alphabetically, in case of a name conflict the asset from B will overwrite the one from A etc).

Can’t think of anything else right now.

BTW, using both nonsolid and playerclip keywords is pointless — it doesn’t cause any harm, but you’re telling the game “do not block the player in any way, err no, scratch this, totally do block the player”. Same goes for nodraw and trans (nodraw is transparent and nonsolid, trans is transparent and solid). It’s enough to use
surfaceparm nolightmap
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm noimpact
surfaceparm ladder

in a ladderclip.

dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#3 User is offline   britton Icon

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Hmm, I am still getting the problem. Here is a screenshot: http://imgur.com/TrmzoLO

The other 2 ladder was me trying a different texture. The one with a working texture is the one linked with the shader I showed you above. Please help.

#4 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

“with a working texture” — so the ladder is climbable, it’s just that the ladderclip texture is showing in-game, hiding/covering the brush inside it?
dswp.de

#5 User is offline   britton Icon

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

I was referring "working" as the one that actually shows the words "ladder" on it. It isn't climbable.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

If it isn’t climbable, then it isn’t textured with the proper shader, or something else is breaking the shader. I can’t see any other ways this could be happening — of course, I’m not an überleet mapper and might be missing something obvious here.

Care to upload the .map, maybe the resulting .bsp, and the .shader containing your ladderclip somewhere?
dswp.de

#7 User is offline   britton Icon

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Here, this includes the .shader file, the texture file, and the map + .bsp file:http://www.mediafire.com/?s89q0ih0h37fbwf

#8 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

JUst as I thought, the rightmost ladder is textured with the texture you used for qer_editorimage (textures/ut4_five_zombies/ladder), rather than the shader itself (textures/ut4_five_zombies/ladderclip).

To check the texture on any brush, you can select it and open the surface inspector (S in GTKRadiant 1.5). If a brush has more than one texture, you can select the face you’re interested in with Ctrl+Shift+click (otherwise the surface inspector will show the most-used(?) texture for that brush.)
dswp.de

#9 User is offline   britton Icon

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

So I need to change ladder to ladderclip?

#10 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

…Might help, yes.

Just a quick check: is your Radiant even set up properly? You need shaderlist.txt with an entry for ut4_five_zombies.shader in your scripts folder to even see any shaders in the texture list.
dswp.de

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942