• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No sidearm for extra gear slot Rate Topic: -----

HD/4.2 suggestion

#1 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

I think it would be cool if you could give up your sidearm to get another gear slot.

Discuss! :ph34r:
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#2 User is offline   deltawhite Icon

• Account: deltawhite

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

lol

no side arm no fun

#3 User is offline   x3r Icon

• Account: x3r
  • Main tag: 24/7.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Well it would be good to be able to have no side arm or primary and even be able to have nothing.
Can't even do /gear AAAAAA (no items, no weapons) - It would be good just for the reason of being able to customize /gear to any setting you like.

As for another gear slot in place of a sidearm, it could be interesting. In a team you could go silencer + laser + kevlar + helmet and have another guy using SR8 mule a sidearm for you (because sr8 guy has ump).

I like it, but I think it needs to be thought about a lot before implementing it. What implications would this have on game play?

This post has been edited by x3r: 24 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

#4 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

It could be playtested in a future UrT HD build.

#5 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

So people would be chosing secondary as a sidearm, and that would result in an overpowered sr8 gear.

Why don't you ask for more logical things as like a Katana?.

This post has been edited by BRAVO: 24 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Well you could just make it so if you unselect the sidearm you cant have an secondary slot too, kinda like what the negv does.

#7 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

What I would LOVE to see:
You know how you can select a secondary in the primary slot, thus enabling the option of TWO secondaries without a primary?
I want to have the sidearm selectable in the secondary slot, thus enabling the option of TWO sidearms without a secondary.

(I prefer the Beretta to the MP5 with it's lightning-fast reload, accuracy and headshot fatality, though I would not call it overpowered; and to go anywhere without a Desert Eagle just seems foolish.)
Hell, this makes the Glock a usable option to me if I can ALSO have one of my favorites, and encourages the FS team to make more pistols <3

If you are truly interested in implementing akimbo pistols into Urban Terror, this is also a potential bridge to that gap.

#8 User is offline   posssesssed Icon

• Account: posssesssed
  • Main tag: iCu*

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 24 June 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

to go anywhere without a Desert Eagle just seems foolish

who u kiddin girl, retta>de (1V1 MY RETTA VS ANYBODYS DE READY GO, SCRIPTS ALLOWED)

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 24 June 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

If you are truly interested in implementing akimbo pistols into Urban Terror, this is also a potential bridge to that gap.

akimbo rettas would be a game changer...

...too bad hd is YEARS away, and that's FS saying that.

#9 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

I don't think akimbo anything is a good idea for the sanity of Urban Terror, but just like the katana I've heard the idea floating around.
If you told me we were getting a grenade launcher before I saw it I wouldn't be for the idea either, but the HK69 is a whole lotta fun to play ping-pong-boom on sweet angled maps like Subway without being a ridiculously overpowered ... grenade launcher.
Same with the Negev. These weapons are "toys" but this is a "game".

Akimbo-'rettas that behave just as a Beretta with 30 rounds would not be balanced, the Beretta is so severely underrated. But two 10 round .45s that behave like a slightly faster tap-fire UMP (not as fast as LRM4300, clearly) without SPAM or quite the accuracy; may be just the thing to take up both secondary and sidearm slots.

Right now, nothing does as much damage in as little time as 7 DE rounds, and I feel as though the option is either Desert Eagle sidearm or kevlar item.
If I need to drop a single fully armored target holding an LR300 at 6 paces, the only weapon I want to be holding is a fully-loaded and lasered DE; it's all an equal-and-opposite-reaction thing.

The Beretta is my second favorite weapon, only to the PSG-1.
I didn't use to feel this way, but I am severely addicted to accuracy. And that sweet, sweet reload time. And that I get to click every shot myself.

In fact: if akimbo DE's fired at the speed of an AK with reasonably high spread, reloaded at a longer-than-1-DE speed, and took up a primary weapon slot, I think it could be balanced. I do not wish to actually see this happen, but if it was implemented in a way that sacrifices a dash of power for a splash of style, I'm not against adding more options. And getting primary ammo off of enemy sidearms is a nifty twist; if nobody else has an AK and I keep running out of ammo I can switch to akimbo DEs if people have DE sidearms to eat.
This isn't a serious thought, just a reasonable way to implement an insane idea. So long as it's balanced, I'm not against adding anything new. We don't have to go all Saint's Row or anything. Ello'ell.

But yes, a sidearm in the secondary slot, please!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942