what i am missing or doing wrong ?

#1 User is offline   zerox4 Icon

• Account: zerox4

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

winXP here

i see tons of servers with maps with game type > JUMP

where you can /save /load your position
and where that map always have only 1 team
i was trying to make server like that via game (launch game > start server option)
but there is no jump game type ?
even so if i start my server and cycle to jump map i cant /save /load (unknown command)

what i am doing wrong or what i dont have what is necessary ?
i even got ioUrTded.exe file but never seen game type option there (by the way when i place that file ioUrTded.exe in q3ut4 folder when ever i start server it restart my user settings in urban terror to default wtf ? 1st i changed it to only for read in properties but i decided to make new folder called server and place there that file ioUrTded.exe and all stuff from q3ut4 folder in to it and now i dont get cfg reset each time server starts but even so why is it happening ? where was justice ? or wally ?)

can any 1 tell me ? and give links if so cause im like trying to figure it my self from over a week
or maybe its only available on linux servers ?

WHY !!!???

This post has been edited by zerox4: 25 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

----------------------------
( >'.')>

#3 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

You can select Jump mode in the “start server” menu, but most likely there won’t be any maps shown in the list. Nearly all existing jump maps have been made for 4.1 and intended to be played in CTF mode (where save and reload are inaccessible, yes, like in every other mode except for jump).

The easiest way to start a local jump server is to open the console (press the key located under Esc, or Shift+Esc if this fails) and type /g_gametype 9; map ut4_mapname (you can copy this and paste it in the console; to access commands used previously, you can press up arrow key). By explicitly forcing the gametype, you can play any map in any mode, regardless of what they’d nominally support.

You can ignore the dedicated server options; these are intended for running a publicly accessible server and largely useless for playing alone.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#4 User is offline   zerox4 Icon

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostMarkinho, on 25 June 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Actually there is the jump gametype in the start server menù, check better
Anyway, you can always do /g_gametype 9 and /reload to play jumpmode, don't need to go through that

ow yes you are right there is jump gametype i just missed it but even so i see only 2 maps ill try your commands

ok just checked

/g_gametype 9 < works i get message that game type will be changed upon reload

/reload < WTF !!!!!!! unknown cmd WHY ??????

Screen

Posted Image

And where i set up rcon password if i start server via start server option in main menu ? (i mean where i choose password for rcon and not where i enter it cause that i know) < or is there no way of doing that ? cause my password from server cfg dont work

View PostJRandomNoob, on 26 June 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

You can select Jump mode in the “start server” menu, but most likely there won’t be any maps shown in the list. Nearly all existing jump maps have been made for 4.1 and intended to be played in CTF mode (where save and reload are inaccessible, yes, like in every other mode except for jump).

The easiest way to start a local jump server is to open the console (press the key located under Esc, or Shift+Esc if this fails) and type /g_gametype 9; map ut4_mapname (you can copy this and paste it in the console; to access commands used previously, you can press up arrow key). By explicitly forcing the gametype, you can play any map in any mode, regardless of what they’d nominally support.

You can ignore the dedicated server options; these are intended for running a publicly accessible server and largely useless for playing alone.

your solution give me error hunk alloc or wtf screen below

Posted Image

so in other words i cant set the game to jump

i thank you both for trying to help me but i starting to lose hope and just wanna say WTF why it does not work ?

maybe i need urban terror 4.1 ?

and how does all servers dont have problem in doing that ? what software,tools,commands they use ?

any way im fine if my server will be public so others can join cause i would wish some of my friends or random player could play with me on some old jump map

what i am doing wrong ?

i got urban terror 4.2.021 maybe that is wrong version maybe i need older or newer ?
( >'.')>

#5 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

View Postzerox4, on 26 June 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

/g_gametype 9 < works i get message that game type will be changed upon reload

/reload < WTF !!!!!!! unknown cmd WHY ??????

Errr… the auth message in the console shows that you’re trying this on another server. Of course it won’t work, a random client can’t reload a random server. reload only works on a local server or via rcon; what Markinho meant was that you start the server with whatever map you like and then enter these commands, setting a new mode and then reloading the map in this mode.

your solution give me error hunk alloc or wtf screen below

Hunk_Alloc errors mean lack of accessible memory — try /seta com_hunkmegs "512" in the console (this sets the amount of memory UrT can use to 512 megabytes). If you have an ancient computer, this may be too much, causing other problems — in this case, set it back with /seta com_hunkmegs "256" (the default and minimum acceptable value for UrT 4.x).

i thank you both for trying to help me but i starting to lose hope and just wanna say WTF why it does not work ?

Oh come on, you’ve barely started trying… Let’s ignore your questions about rcon and starting a publicly accessible server until you’re actually able to get something up and running. (Short answers: no need for rcon if the server’s right under your nose; having a public server on a home connection is something that either Just Works or isn’t worth troubleshooting at all.)

maybe i need urban terror 4.1 ?
and how does all servers dont have problem in doing that ? what software,tools,commands they use ?
/---/
i got urban terror 4.2.021 maybe that is wrong version maybe i need older or newer ?

There’s no dedicated jump mode in 4.1; 4.2.012 (not .021) works fine.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   zerox4 Icon

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 26 June 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Errr….........

ok 1st of all cause i think you misunderstand me what i did

1. run UT
2. click start server (on title screen)
3. click arrow right > to start server (and so server runs)
4. run another UT and choose play online
5. find my server on server list and connect to it
5. press grave and in console type command /g_gametype 9; map ut4_mariojump_beta2
6. get hunk alloc error
7. run ut again and type /map ut4_mariojump_beta2
8. hunk alloc again
9. run ut again and type in console /g_gametype 9
10. i get message that game type will be changed upon reloading
11. in console on my server i type /reload
12. get message that its unknown cmd

im not sure if i understand but i think command /map ut4_mapname should start map for me in my game locally even if i didnt start server ?

cause i just closed server and launched only 1 urban terror and in console i typed /map ut4_trickmap2_b5

and it starts to loading and HUNK ALLOC !!!!!!!!!

and i just want rcon just to be able to manage my server like cycle maps change them at will reload it and etc cause i see that options when i press escape and hit rcon button on top right corner

so what i am doing wrong ?

and what had done other server owners that their servers works just fine ?

JRandomNoob and im not giving up im just thinking you are waisting time cause i already feel it wont work for me

but im always willing to try i just see pot of shit on the end of that rainbow

even Urban Terror tutorial is incorrect or old or i got wrong game version or i dont know what else

cause as this post says http://www.urbanterr...server-install/

i should have that file ioUrTded.exe in my q3ut4 folder
but it wasnt there not even oin main ut folder i needed to download it from internet searching it for like half hour on google

so what i believe or there is some software which just let me run the server and everything would work fine or i do everything wrong

ow lol it turns out im stupid i just used this command /seta com_hunkmegs "512"

and puff all maps can be loaded via /map ut4_mapname command even jump game type works

but now /save /load dont works it says that save/load is disabled on this server so what is the command to enable it ?

and my other question is so this is a way how to locally on my game client run a map

but how do i do the same thing with server ? either that 1 i start with start server command and that which i start via ioUrTded.exe file ?

This post has been edited by zerox4: 26 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

( >'.')>

#7 User is offline   zerox4 Icon

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

is that what i need ?
http://www.urtjumper...opic.php?id=250

of course no download link
( >'.')>

#8 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Everything should be implemented in 4.2.

Instead of reloading you can just load up another map with /devmap x or /map x - All your maps are in q3ut4, just copy the name. Of course all maps can be download on urtjumpers.

Once you're in-game with the jump gametype you can type this: g_allowpossaving

There's also:
g_regainstamina
g_nostamina
g_maxwalljumps [value]
g_nodamage [default on]

also to reload you need to add a rcon before doing it you can just type whatever you want in esc > Rcon

This post has been edited by noxtty8: 26 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

#9 User is offline   zerox4 Icon

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

View Postnoxtty8, on 26 June 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Everything should be implemented in 4.2.

Instead of reloading you can just load up another map with /devmap x or /map x - All your maps are in q3ut4, just copy the name. Of course all maps can be download on urtjumpers.

Once you're in-game with the jump gametype you can type this: g_allowpossaving

There's also:
g_regainstamina
g_nostamina
g_maxwalljumps [value]
g_nodamage [default on]

also to reload you need to add a rcon before doing it you can just type whatever you want in esc > Rcon

thank you JRandomNoob for tips thanks to you i can load any map and make it to jump type so im half way trough

and thank you noxtty8 you just listed all commands i ever wanted and was willing to ever use

but what you mean by "add a rcon ?"
how do i do it ? you mean by pressing escape clicking rcon and in that new window next to rcon type password ? but where do i set it in a 1st place ?

how do i even use commands on server which is started via (start server on tittle screen) ?
( >'.')>

#10 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Well if you want a local server, you can type anything in the escape menu > rcon, as long as there's something in the rcon box.

If you want a public server you have to open server_example.cfg in your q3ut4 change the settings so it works as you want, rename it to server.cfg. Open the Quake3-UrT-Ded.exe, type in 'exec server.cfg'.

I would also recommend changing the mapcycle_example.txt, that's the same idea of the server.cfg.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942