• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Starting server restarts settings Rate Topic: -----

q3config.cfg file resets

#1 User is offline   zerox4 Icon

• Account: zerox4

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

so when i start server using this file Quake3-UrT-Ded.exe
i made shortcut to it and in destenation box i typed (in shortcuts properties)
C:\Gry\UrbanTerror\Quake3-UrT-Ded.exe +exec server.cfg

looks like this

Posted Image

now when ever i start server my q3config.cfg file is restarted to defaults which is in folder \UrbanTerror\q3ut4\

while launching server i found this lines in SERVER console

----------------------
17567 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing q3config.cfg

i think that is the problem but i have no idea where default.cfg is cause i searched all pk3 files and i found 1 and deleted it but still same problem (of course i searched all game folders but there was no default.cfg )

anyway i found 3 ways to work around it
1 set the q3config.cfg to read only in properties
2 (which im actually using) i created new folder called Server in to it i copied whole q3ut4 folder and Quake3-UrT-Ded.exe file
and so i start server from there and it dont changes my settings now but well i for ever need to copy each new map to that server folder manually and thats annoying
3 copy q3config.cfg and rename it than just use atoexec.cfg to launch my settings on urban terror start up but than i cant change anything cause it restarts on game launching

so my question is > is there a way for me to prevent restarting my settings to default on server starting up

dam that was long
----------------------------
( >'.')>

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942