Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PC Shutdown Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Razor Icon

• Account: razor

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

Hey im making this post after like 7 months without playing for this reason.

The problem is that my pc shutdown while playing UrT and i dont know why.. maybe its a computer problem but the thing is that i can still play games like Dota 2 / Counter Strike: GO or any other games without any problem.. all in high texture graphics.. i just want to know whats the problem with urt.. why it makes my pc shuts down every time i start playing

CPU: Inter Core i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz 1.73GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 330M 2GB
Memory: 6.00GB
Operating System: Windows 7 HP (64bits)

This post has been edited by Razor: 09 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hi Razor,

I take it you mean that the computer completely powers itselft down during game play, usually a pc shutting down without prior warning is caused by either something like a faulty power supply or thermal protection kicking in to protect the cpu.

Can you begin with checking and monitoring your min/avg/max temperatures whilst play urban terror.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   b1naryth1ef Icon

• Account: b1naryth1ef

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

10$ on your CPU overheating. Make sure you have proper ventilation and have cleaned it recently (if it's a desktop).
I break stuff and call it a feature

#4 User is offline   Razor Icon

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yeah it can be overheating but the deal is that i can play Dota 2 / CS:GO and other games for like 5 hours and my pc works fine even with max FPS/Texture details.. but in UrT i cant even play 5 minutes thats the problem.

This post has been edited by Razor: 09 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

#5 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostRazor, on 09 July 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Yeah it can be overheating but the deal is that i can play Dota 2 / CS:GO and other games for like 5 hours and my pc works fine even with max FPS/Texture details.. but in UrT i cant even play 5 minutes thats the problem.

yes however every game is different, some games are graphics demanding and some a cpu demanding (some are even both) playing one game successfully for multiple hours is not confirmation that the hardware is stable.

Judging from the specs a above I am assuming that it is a laptops (mobile cpu/gpu combo) and laptops already tend to run hotter than their desktop counterparts. I think overheating is best place to start checking -- its summer time and its a fairly old laptop that is unlikely to have had any sort of internal cleaning of dust or maintence of things like fans and thermal paste.

you can download a free program called "speccy" which will let you know the temperature of varies parts of your computer -- its free too!
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#6 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostRazor, on 09 July 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

CPU: Inter Core i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz 1.73GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 330M 2GB
Memory: 6.00GB
Operating System: Windows 7 HP (64bits)

View PostRazor, on 09 July 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

The games you've mentioned are very recent and would be optimised for multiple cores, especially something like DOTA. Urban Terror is not, it is based on an engine which was made when multiprocessing was not found in pcs. Your i7 should be making use of turbo boost to boost its performance for a single core game, which other games probably aren't doing. The rendering in UrT is also heavily CPU dependent, while other games are presumably making better use of your laptop's GPU. Finally these other games would be made using Direct X, while UrT is using OpenGL. I don't know if one or any of these are causing your issues but they may be factors.

In terms of solving this, you can try cleaning out your laptop (daunting, I've been putting off doing it myself), checking that you have the latest drivers and maybe trying some of the alternate clients that are available, such as p5ch0runn3r's builds.

#7 User is offline   Razor Icon

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 10 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

The games you've mentioned are very recent and would be optimised for multiple cores, especially something like DOTA. Urban Terror is not, it is based on an engine which was made when multiprocessing was not found in pcs. Your i7 should be making use of turbo boost to boost its performance for a single core game, which other games probably aren't doing. The rendering in UrT is also heavily CPU dependent, while other games are presumably making better use of your laptop's GPU. Finally these other games would be made using Direct X, while UrT is using OpenGL. I don't know if one or any of these are causing your issues but they may be factors.

In terms of solving this, you can try cleaning out your laptop (daunting, I've been putting off doing it myself), checking that you have the latest drivers and maybe trying some of the alternate clients that are available, such as p5ch0runn3r's builds.

Thanks for the info.. I was expecting this kind of answer.

I will try alternative clients but i didnt think it will fix the issue.. anyways thanks to all how tried to help.

This post has been edited by Razor: 10 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942