Urban Terror Forums: Could it be possible to see the auths on a server's page? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Could it be possible to see the auths on a server's page? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hi,

So at the moment it is only possible to see the nicknames used in game when we are on a server page. Could it be possible to see the auth names too please?

Have a nice day!
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#2 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

Disagreed unless the server is set to only allow only authd connections. I still think it's crap that a person has to logout so restrict the viewing of their auth on public servers.

#3 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

auth is creepy

the admins who memorize IPs were bad enough
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#4 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

Just remind me why you should hide yourself when you play this game. Nobody's asking for autographs here. Play this game at all or don't play it.

#5 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Because it's none of your business who is playing on a public server. Unless you administrate the server in question, there is NO NEED for you or anyone else to know. If you're that nosy, maybe you should apply for NSA down here, I heard they like stalking people too.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostNikki, on 17 July 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

Because it's none of your business who is playing on a public server. Unless you administrate the server in question, there is NO NEED for you or anyone else to know.

^ this

#7 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

It seems that hiding ourself is very mainstream these days.

#8 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

I have yet to hear any argument worth a damn about why it's important for random public players knowing everyone's auths on the server they're playing on.

#9 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

It lets you know who you could be playing with, who would you like to play with, and so on. I hate when I come on a server and there's already an asshole on it. It's also a good way to judge the level of people on the server. If you feel there's too much good or bad people on it, you might want to select on that fits with your experience.

It's just a question of good sense lol. If you do something, do it at all or don't do it. In this case they stared to show us the nicknames used on the server so I don't see why they shouldn't show everything at all (including the auths). They shouldn't show the nicknames if we follow your argument.

We're passed the 4.1 stage you know (and for god sake). It's time to have a nickname (auth), to assume it and to play with it. Hiding yourself means you're a complete paranoiac or you have an oversized ego or you want to be a pain in the ass (annoying people behind a kido-nickname). We're on a game, just a simple game.

#10 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

or you don't like dealing with the people who know your name and like to start shit because of it. because, like, there's obviously no legitimate reason to alias. it's just people with egos. check that projection
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942