• You cannot reply to this topic

Regarding Download Speed Rate Topic: -----

Linux Fedora 17 64bit

#1 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

Hey guys,

I recently decided to download 4.2 for my linux box. Maybe it was the time of day, or some other variable but when I ran the updater, I was getting a max download speed of 250kb/s I have a 50Mb/s connection speed, so I was somewhat annoyed at the 5 hour download time for a 1.2 gig file (normally takes less than 30 mins). I eventually realized that I had .012 on my windows machine, copied that to my folder on linux and updated from there, but it still took close to 40 minutes.

Is this download speed normal?

Is there anything in the works to get this speed faster?

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   rustytnt Icon

• Account: rustytnt

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostKroniK, on 28 July 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

Hey guys,

I recently decided to download 4.2 for my linux box. Maybe it was the time of day, or some other variable but when I ran the updater, I was getting a max download speed of 250kb/s I have a 50Mb/s connection speed, so I was somewhat annoyed at the 5 hour download time for a 1.2 gig file (normally takes less than 30 mins). I eventually realized that I had .012 on my windows machine, copied that to my folder on linux and updated from there, but it still took close to 40 minutes.

Is this download speed normal?

Is there anything in the works to get this speed faster?

Thanks.

I would be interested too, Im trying to come back to the game after.. sheesh 4 years away, I got the basic program download ok but whenI run the updater, it goes at 10kb per second and failed, right nearthe end, after several hours...

I wish I wouldnt leave it so long between 'drinks'

#3 User is offline   kbar Icon

• Account: kbar
  • Main tag: no|

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

just because you have a 50MBps pipe doesn't mean that you will get 50MBps between you and the internet.

This post has been edited by Kbar: 06 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

#4 User is offline   Reflux Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: reflux
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostKbar, on 06 September 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

just because you have a 50MBps pipe doesn't mean that you will get 50MBps between you and the internet.

Yah, who needs more than 512kB of memory, anyways.

Seriously, this goes in the category of dumb responses. The discussion point wasn't about how fast his conn is, but how slow the cdn is...all of the time.

#5 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostReflux, on 21 October 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

Yah, who needs more than 512kB of memory, anyways.

Seriously, this goes in the category of dumb responses. The discussion point wasn't about how fast his conn is, but how slow the cdn is...all of the time.

Not sure why what he said warranted such a rude response. What he said is technically right so I really wouldn't classify that as "dumb". There's plenty of variables that could cause a shitty download.

Either way, just tested out the CDN and I'm having no issues getting 1.5mb/s as opposed to right under 1mb/s on the other 2 mirrors. I AM THE 1%.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942