Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alt+Tab breaks mouse input Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   axper Icon

• Account: axper

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

I am using i3 window manager. Alt+Tab is not mapped to anything, it doesn't mean anything to operating system.

Whenever I press Alt+Tab in-game a mouse cursor appears and it grabs input and i can still look around in game, but only at certain angels as when the cursor hits the edges of screen I can't look any further. In other words it's annoying and breaks input and I have to hard reset. The cursor is the default X cursor thing which can be commonly seen in SDL 1.2 apps which dont have custom cursor. I cannot get out of this mode in any way. Since I have mapped alt and tab to useful actions and sometimes need to press them at once, this becomes rather annoying.

Is it possible to disable the mapping of this key combination? I suspect in the game it's mapped to minimize or some sort of window manager command like that and my manager doesn't like that and freaks out.

#2 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

usually I solved problems like this by pulling out (physically) keys :biggrin: .. by default I remove on new keyboard window key .. but as I'm getting short of key I could use word of advice as same problem occurred to me since I started linux :ph34r:

This post has been edited by MASSmurderER: 05 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

best things in life are free

#3 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

There are new keyboards still made without Super keys. I have this one: http://pckeyboard.co...ge/UKBD/UNI041A
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

View Postaxper, on 30 July 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

I am using i3 window manager.

Can you reproduce with another window manager? Have you looked at your video card drivers?

#5 User is offline   rastablaster Icon

• Account: rastablaster

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

the problem's been already solved. turn off raw_mouse (can't remember the exact command.)

#6 User is offline   Facerip Icon

• Account: facerip

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

This happens in Xfce (xfwm4) as well as in Gnome-Shell (metacity wm) on Debian Wheezy. I switched to fluxbox wm- the problem is fixed.

#7 User is offline   zyzz Icon

• Account: zyzz

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

You can get the mouse back if you hit ESC, then press Apply in the System menu. It will reload the map and the input should be back to normal (you have to be connected).

Would be nice if that get's fixed but it might be a DE problem as I remember having this problem since changing from MATE to Cinnamon (both Linux Mint).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942